FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 File Syncing Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
dunxd

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Okt 31, 2009 19:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

From my reading of the interface, true synchronisation is not possible in MyPhoneExplorer. Neither mode for File Sync looks at the last updated time - Save Folder creates new versions of any file, wheras Reflect folder overwrites whatever is in the target folder.

I'm guessing this means that it isn't possible to read the last updated time on the phone. Is this the case? Or can we look forward to better File Sync at the moment.

Here's how I would use the file sync - I maintain a KeePass database on my home and work computers. I would like to sync any changes in this file to my phone and then only overwrite the older file on whichever computer. A bonus is that I can access KeePass on my phone using KeePass Mobile.

Is this something I can look forward to?
Anyone figured out a workaround for this limitation (or have I missed something?)

Cheers,

Dunx
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
dunxd

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Okt 31, 2009 19:21 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Actually - I just realised that a nice feature would be if when doing a sync it asked which Sync jobs to run (as I have sync set to run as soon as I connect my phone). That would help.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Okt 31, 2009 19:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Its not possible to read out the last-edited-time from the phone so you are right - its not a true bidirectional FileSync.

You can select the sync-jobs for MultiSync in the settings and you can start a defined sync-job also from the button in the filebrowser.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
dunxd

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Okt 31, 2009 19:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks - I noticed that if you go to the files view, then right click on a file and select details it gives you created by date (but not updated).

This gets updated when you sync from the PC to the Phone in reflection mode. So the Created date on the phone could be seen as the Updated date (as long as no editing happens on the phone) - so could you get closer to bi-directional syncing by comparing the Created by date on the phone with the Updated date on the PC?

For example:

file.txt gets synced from PC 1 to Phone.
Created date on phone is 01 Jan 2001

On the next sync job, on the PC file has been changed, so updated date is 2 Jan 2001. So overwrite the file on the phone. Created date on phone is 2 Jan 2001.

PC2 comes into the equation. file.txt doesn't exist on PC2, so file gets copied to PC2 - updated date on PC2 is 1 Jan 2001 (copied from phone Created date). File is updated on PC2 on 3 Jan 2001. Synced to phone - created date on phone is 3 Jan 2001.

PC1 is synced. On PC1 file.txt has updated date 2 Jan 2001. On phone created date is 3 Jan 2001. So copy from phone to PC1.

Could that work if the file was never edited on the phone?
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Okt 31, 2009 23:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

- Its not possible on every model to read out the creation-date.
- this stamps are often not valid (sometimes + 1 hour or - 1 hour)
- it would not work if the file was edited directly on the phone

Result: Too unstable
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.