FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Android 14- can't connect to MPE without rebooting the Phone Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
adi7ch

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 07, 2024 07:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

After updating my OnePlus 8T to Oxygen OS 14, I am able to connect to MPE, using USB cable, only after rebooting the Phone.
Later attempts fail and I must reboot the Phone to connect.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 10, 2024 11:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Interesting, maybe it has to do with Android 14. Can you post the logfile after a unsucessfully connect?
Menu-File-Settings-Show logfile

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
adi7ch

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 18, 2024 11:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

How can I attach the log?
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 18, 2024 12:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Copy to clipboard and then paste here in the forum

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
adi7ch

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 19, 2024 12:34 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Sent you via your email here.
DaaBoss

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 22, 2024 01:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just a report -- please move, repost, use however you'd like:

I had just planned to report a connection problem ---
"doesn't recognize phone:"
S-24, rather new, to PC, MPE 2.1 over Wifi w/ PW -- Was connected and synced.

I had an "almost meltdown", low memory, etc., and so then I rebooted. I had been connected and syncing without problems. After reboot, DB was there, but multi-sync said it couldn't validate my phone. The last time, it asked if I wanted to connect to MY OTHER S24 instead. I said NO.... but, it APPEARED to sync anyway. So, NOW the problem is fixed.... It doesn't fail now.... Hope this is useful, I didn't think this was worth opening a thread for.

IDEA - FEATURE -- At the TOP of the screen: SHOW WHICH PHONE

Please provide some way to show which phone I'm connected to: Preferably as the Windows Screen name, front and center. Otherwise, I have to scroll down all the time, just to find out which phone is connected. Alternatively, put the phone selection at the top. Sad

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 22, 2024 01:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

File > User... > [phone name]

Is that not clear? Surely if you have several phones to sync/check you first ensure you're working on the correct one?

DaaBoss

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 23, 2024 02:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

dvhttn hat Folgendes geschrieben:

Is that not clear? Surely if you have several phones to sync/check you first ensure you're working on the correct one?

It isn't clear, mainly because the content on the phones is often shared. If the content isn't, then those that create the content is "shared", in that they call the wrong person. i get calls on my phone for my wife all the time, and she gets mine. Same for texts, about 30% of the time. This isn't an MPE issue of course.

I have another possible alternative -- two active phones, two active MPE instances! I do this with different Google Voice accounts, and also with email accounts. I keep several Tabs open in my browser at the same time. I can tell each instance easily, just by the order where it appears. MPE could just use the equivalent of an INI file to start each instance. This might be very easy to implement, or almost impossible, depending on the architecture of the code.

No, it isn't that clear which phone I'm connected to at the time, especially when dealing with the two current phones that are mine and my wife's. Often, the same person might be sending a message meant for the other person. Worse the way most contact databases are set up, most callers / texts are coming into us, and the senders often can't tell who's device they were calling. Often, the husband's and wife's contact info goes into the same record. Most dialers don't make it easy to choose which number to use. Add those calling from watches now, they really have no idea which phone will ring.

I use MPE to look at, read messages, and also see the incoming calls. To make matters worse, I have many phone lines from the past, and they are routed / forwarded to one of the two phones. Also, the incoming calls ring on all the tablets regardless of what line they came in on.

Then later, i use MPE to try to figure out who it was, (95% is spam, but catching the 5% can be important some times.

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 12, 2024 16:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

DaaBoss hat Folgendes geschrieben:
dvhttn hat Folgendes geschrieben:

It isn't clear, mainly because the content on the phones is often shared. If the content isn't, then those that create the content is "shared", in that they call the wrong person. i get calls on my phone for my wife all the time, and she gets mine. Same for texts, about 30% of the time. This isn't an MPE issue of course.
All good now? This is the website that helped me complete my thesis work; they are a writing service provider. Students can visit https://domypaper.com/ them to hire a professional writer to help them complete their work at an affordable price. So what are you waiting for? Make it easy for you.
I have another possible alternative -- two active phones, two active MPE instances! I do this with different Google Voice accounts, and also with email accounts. I keep several Tabs open in my browser at the same time. I can tell each instance easily, just by the order where it appears. MPE could just use the equivalent of an INI file to start each instance. This might be very easy to implement, or almost impossible, depending on the architecture of the code.

No, it isn't that clear which phone I'm connected to at the time, especially when dealing with the two current phones that are mine and my wife's. Often, the same person might be sending a message meant for the other person. Worse the way most contact databases are set up, most callers / texts are coming into us, and the senders often can't tell who's device they were calling. Often, the husband's and wife's contact info goes into the same record. Most dialers don't make it easy to choose which number to use. Add those calling from watches now, they really have no idea which phone will ring.

I use MPE to look at, read messages, and also see the incoming calls. To make matters worse, I have many phone lines from the past, and they are routed / forwarded to one of the two phones. Also, the incoming calls ring on all the tablets regardless of what line they came in on.

Then later, i use MPE to try to figure out who it was, (95% is spam, but catching the 5% can be important some times.

All good now?
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.