FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 SAVING DIFFERENT TELEPHONE LIST Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Hydra

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Dez 07, 2023 15:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello F.J.

First, many thanks for your software that is useful for most of my family and friends.
May be the problem I am facing has already been discussed in your forum, but I cannot find the link?

Please allow me to explain my problem. When I record my telephone numbers every month from my Samsung smartphone into my desk computer, the new backup is automatically rewriting and replacing the previous one already saved into my records on my desk computer.

What I would like is to keep the former list as it is with my old data and to save the new list separately. Is it feasible? Did I miss a step?

Many thanks for your answer.
Yours sincerely
Hydra
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
eck-m

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Dez 07, 2023 19:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hydra hat Folgendes geschrieben:
When I record my telephone numbers every month from my Samsung smartphone into my desk computer, the new backup is automatically rewriting and replacing the previous one already saved into my records on my desk computer.
i am not sure if I understood you well, because the create backup function in MPE's Extras menu always suggests an unique file name, so there will no files be overwritten by default.

keep the former list as it is with my old data and to save the new list separately.
To save selected entries only, you may mark several entries and use the export function (separately for each category dialed/answered/missed) which suggests unique file names too.
Hydra

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Dez 08, 2023 15:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for your message.

Today I made a new backup named DEC.08.2023
While going to the one done last weekend (named DEC.02.2023) in order to crosscheck, I can see that DEC.02.2023 is now exactly similar to DEC.08.2023 (with all amendments and new contacts entered in the meantime???). Same for all others backups done previously..

I am sure I missed a step somewhere in order to keep each back up well separate whithout being overwritting by the last on,e.

Thanks for your help ans assistance.
Hydra
eck-m

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Dez 08, 2023 17:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Today I made a new backup named DEC.08.2023
While going to the one done last weekend (named DEC.02.2023) in order to crosscheck, I can see that DEC.02.2023 is now exactly similar to DEC.08.2023 (with all amendments and new contacts entered in the meantime???). Same for all others backups done previously.
When I compare two backups done in the past using the compare utility of a text editor, these are - of course - different in contents and the file's timestamps. Fortunately, this is text, therefore searching for the calls list below the string "MyPhoneExplorer_ContentID:Calls" reveals which calls have been added.

I am sure I missed a step somewhere in order to keep each back up well separate whithout being overwritting by the last on,e.
The procedure I described above does not make sense except for verifying backup.
You must have done something else which updates the recently loaded backup to the current state of the phone. Exactly describe the steps you have done.
However, whatever, I cannot see that this would make any sense.
To have separate calls lists for some periods, exporting (only!) the new entries into a file as decribed in my fist post would by the method. You need a text editor to view the records.
Otherwise, if MPE is connected to the phone, it would require to erase the calls list on the phone, otherwise it would soon reload the list from the phone into MPE, by backup, refresh or probably on backup with the phone connected.
A backup is a tool to restore a previous state, not really an archive tool.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.