FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Batch profile photo change Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Pierre73

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 02, 2023 11:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi all,

I'm looking at changing for a part of my contact their profile photo. I have about 150 profiles to alter with the same picture.
Any chance to do a batch edit with MPE ???

Savoie, France
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
eck-m

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 02, 2023 12:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Pierre73 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I'm looking at changing for a part of my contact their profile photo. I have about 150 profiles to alter with the same picture.
Any chance to do a batch edit with MPE ?
I am not familiar with batch capabilities of MPE, if there are any.
However, have you considered exporting the entries to the VCF format. These are text files where you could replace the photo section with an editor or another software of your choice, including a self-written program.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 04, 2023 12:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

- Press the second button in the contactlist of MyPhoneExplorer (Download entire)
- close MyPhoneExplorer
- open the file Phonebook.dat from the profilefolder of your phone (normally %appdata%\MyPhoneExplorer\<phonemodel ID>\Phonebook.dat) with Notepad++
- replace
Code:
X-PHOTOPROPS:0,JPEG

with
Code:
FLAG:EDITED
X-PHOTOPROPS:1,DELETE

- save the file
- launch MyPhoneExplorer and Sync
- this will delete all your contact pictures in the phone

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Pierre73

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 21, 2023 15:12 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

I don't think I got myself understood.
I don't want to delete actual contact's photos.
I want to add the same picture for about 170 of my contact which are all parts of the same group.

... any idea ?

Savoie, France
eck-m

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 21, 2023 18:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I don't think I got myself understood.
I don't want to delete actual contact's photos.
I want to add the same picture for about 170 of my contact
Regarding myself, I think I understood your question.
Probably, the company logo, the 170 contact persions are working for, has changed, and now, all contacts have to be updated ... or something like that.
If there had been a "1-click solution", FJ would have pointed to it, but as he did not, there is probably no simple solution.

So my general concept for all such tasks, where the user interface of a software working on a data set does not support the desired function, is exporting the data, modifying it and then re-importing the modified data. FJ's solution for deleting images is something like that and my suggestion too. However it does not show the complete way, only the direction where to go. Also, as this forum's community beeing not so large, you should not expect a ready-to-use solution, otherwise someone would have described that meanwhile.

I want to add the same picture for about 170 of my contact which are all parts of the same group.
... any idea ?
As above, but more detailed, in case I was not understood:
Export the entries to be modified to the vcf format.
Using a text editor, you can easily locate the image string and replace it by another one taken from a contact, which already has the new image.
After re-importing that file, you see the image updated.
Editors more powerful than the simple Windows notepad such as Notepad++ allow multiple documents open at the same time and provide macro functions which allow the steps to be packed into a macro which repeats the steps upon a single keystroke. So you need to to it only once for recording the macro and then repeat it for the remaining contact files while having the target image string in the clipboard ready for insertion by the macro.
This is probably not the simple 1-click-solution you are dreaming of, but moch more efficient than the one-by-one method in MPE. You are free to improve it by programming a software replacing the image in a vcf file if you have such skills. Even might it be possible that such software already exists, so you could search for it with Google with a combined search topic.

Last solution would still be replacing the images one-by-one in MPE. The time since starting the thread until now might have been sufficient.
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 22, 2023 08:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Unfortunately, your wish is not so easy to realize for the following reason:
In the Phonebook.dat, if there is an existing photo, there is only one flag X-PHOTOPROPS:0,JPEG
The contact photos are all located in the ImageCache folder and the allocation takes place via the sync ID of the contact and the name of the photo file.
In order to be able to realize your wish, FJ would have to add a menu item “Assign contact photo” to the existing context menu for contacts (format contacts).
However, then the problem is not yet solved.
Using this menu item, a routine would have to be created that creates a contact photo in the ImageCache with the same content and the names of die contact-ID's for each marked contact.
Since you are the first with this wish, there is unfortunately little chance that FJ can implement it Confused

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Pierre73

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 22, 2023 12:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thankd you very much for the reply.
I don't understand 100% of the reason why it doesn't work, but accept that it is difficult.

Is there a "somewhere" on this site where we can suggest ideas for future implement ?

Beside, I droped the question here as a regular user of MPE, but i'd be happy with any other app that could do that...

Savoie, France
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 22, 2023 12:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'll pass your request on to FJ without obligation, unfortunately I can't do anything more

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
eck-m

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 22, 2023 13:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

icke1954 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Unfortunately, your wish is not so easy to realize
This sentence might be misinterpreted, that the way I described would not work, however I tested that. Export-Modify-Import ist always a safe way and translates the problem of modifying an item within a special software to the problem of modifying a standardized format, which may be easier to solve - in other words: in this case, the problem is no longer an MPE problem.

In contrast to that, modifying a programs's internal structures such as Phonebook.dat is always risky and requires knowledge of its probably non standardized formats.

However, then the problem is not yet solved.
Using this menu item, a routine would have to be created that creates a contact photo in the ImageCache with the same content and the names of die contact-ID's for each marked contact.
These procedures are of course already solved in MPE as these are the same when an image is assigned via the contact dialog, contact import or synchronization.

FJ would have to add a menu item “Assign contact photo” to the existing context menu for contacts
I could imagine a drag&drop-operation as an elegant alternative for assigning an image (file) to one or (for Pierre73) a selection of contacts.

Of course, when the same image is assigned to multiple contacts, it would have to be duplicated as it would by importing contacts or repeated single assignments via the contact dialog.

Since you are the first with this wish, there is unfortunately little chance that FJ can implement it Confused
Other users would also benefit from this extension rather than the single user with that very special wish.

Is there a "somewhere" on this site where we can suggest ideas for future implement ?
Yes, see here:
https://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewforum.php?f=4
However, as this forum is generally a German speaking forum, postings are in German.

i'd be happy with any other app that could do that
There are lots of contact managers, maybe you find one using Google wirh questions like contact editor image
Or browse software directories like
https://www.heise.de/download/products/office/adressen#?page=1&cat=office%2Fadressen&os=WINDOWS&downloadtype=SOFTWARE&containsadware=NOADWARE
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 22, 2023 15:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

OK, i did misunderstand your initial request. You are searching for a kind of batch editing for contacts. To be honest - you are the first user with this wish and personally i think there are not many users which would need this feature.

So its not planned to add this feature to MyPhoneExplorer. the easiest way would probably be -> export the contacts as *.vcf, mass edit them in Notepad++ and then import them back

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.