FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Use File Sync to backup 150GB 50,000 files from SD card Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: So Sep 11, 2022 16:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am amazed how fast this copy routine works and use it for a much smaller folder on my phone. I keep a lot of images and music on my phone SD card. Most of this is static....so after first sync (I will make 1 way, phone to pc, not a sync) the updates will be just a few files.

The question is can it make that first copy without crashing or choking? Or can I just copy the files to the PC via file explorer, and then run the agile Sync routine. Will it recognize that the files are in both places already or will it try to make another copy?

Thanks,

BJB
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 14, 2022 21:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

MyPhoneExplorer will compare if the filesize or file date was changed since the last sync. If there was no sync in the past then MyPhoneExplorer will compare only if the file length is identical. So it should work to copy first via Fileexplorer and then to run the sync

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Sep 15, 2022 01:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you so much for that reply. That is great news. I will indeed copy the files via file explorer as a starting point and then run the first sync.

BJB
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 18, 2023 16:47 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
MyPhoneExplorer will compare if the filesize or file date was changed since the last sync. If there was no sync in the past then MyPhoneExplorer will compare only if the file length is identical. So it should work to copy first via Fileexplorer and then to run the sync

Does the photo backup routine work the same? On my new phone I have many existing files in the DCIM folder from my old phone which were copied Iverson as part of my phone transition outside of MPE.

I am considering the same process as above....copy the existing photo images to the new photo sync destination folder and then MPE will only sync/copy new photos going forward?

Thanks,
BJB
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 18, 2023 22:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

BJB hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I am considering the same process as above....copy the existing photo images to the new photo sync destination folder and then MPE will only sync/copy new photos going forward?

That should work too !
If the photos remain in the target folder, you can deactivate the function MPE => F2 => Advanced 2 => Sync only new photos, then the sync will be realized the fastest.
When the function is activated, the paths of the photos are all entered in the photosync.dat file

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 18, 2023 22:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

icke1954 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
BJB hat Folgendes geschrieben:

That should work too !
If the photos remain in the target folder, you can deactivate the function MPE => F2 => Advanced 2 => Sync only new photos, then the sync will be realized the fastest.
When the function is activated, the paths of the photos are all entered in the photosync.dat file

Thanks! Good to know this should work. But not understanding why I might want to uncheck "sync only new photos"?

I plan to copy all the photos to the new directory of the new phone that are from the old phone.

Then, I want it to sync (really copy) only the say the 50 new photos on the new phone to that directory.

Wouldn't I want to leave "Sync only new photos" checked? Or are you saying for the first time leave it unchecked so it scans them all and will only copy the 50.

Then the next sync check that box?
Thanks,
BJB
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 18, 2023 22:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The 'sync only new photos' function is only relevant for users who want to partially delete the photos on the PC or move them to another folder.
Then MPE these photos would be synchronized again.
If you are not sure, you can also activate this function, with 50 photos this is also very quick, I thought that you had thousands of photos Very Happy

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 19, 2023 01:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

icke1954 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
The 'sync only new photos' function is only relevant for users who want to partially delete the photos on the PC or move them to another folder.
Then MPE these photos would be synchronized again.
If you are not sure, you can also activate this function, with 50 photos this is also very quick, I thought that you had thousands of photos Very Happy

Got it. Now I see how that actually works.

There are thousands of old photos but those will not be synced regardless as they will be on phone and also in the destination folder. The 50 would just be around the number of new photos on phone not in destination folder that need to sync.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.