FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 [bug report] File copy failiing Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Pedja

BeitragVerfasst am: So Aug 14, 2022 13:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I use MyPhoneExplorer mainly to copy files from phone to PC (photos, videos, GPS track logs and other user generated data).

When i copy small number of files it works OK.

But if there is large number of files problems occur. Fro some part it works OK enumerating files and then it reports error in connection to phone. This is almost certainly to happen so I avoid copying for example whole folder, but copy small batches of selected files. This is tedious.

Problem is once it reports problem copying it offers dialog with only OK button. When I click OK, it tries to copy next file and again prompts error. I have to follow that for all files that are left in a list. There is no option to cancel copying operation.

I usually end up killing application.

The second part of a problem is that it seems to copy files in two phases. The first one I call enumerating. It shows as copying nut it only is creating a list. Maybe it copies files but not in destination directory by somewhere temporary?

Anyways, when error occurs and I am forced to kill application i find not a single file copied, even those that supposedly went well in the process before error occurrence.

So, one part of solution would be that error prompt offers user to cancel operation and stop trying to continue copying files.

the other part is to actually copy files to destination as they are processed, so when error occurs user at list has some files copied so he just has to continue process, not to start it all over.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: So Sep 18, 2022 14:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

please contact FJ via Mail directly with a link to this thread=> Impressum Confused

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.