FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Syncing with Google Calendar/Contacts as Cloud Backup Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Okt 19, 2021 21:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Have used MPE for years and still do, like it. Was happy to see the new version.

For a while I have wanted to be able to sync my calendar and contacts both to Outlook (with MPE) AND to Google calendar/Contacts (by turning on sync). Of course you can turn on sync on your android phone and it will sync to google calendar/contacts.

However......I believe that MPE sync would have to know you did this and plan for duplicates, etc. accordingly. Plus I don't know if a google calendar sync changes the records file date and might create issues with MPE sync. One complicating factor is MPE can sync your calendar back for many years into outlook (I like that!) however google calendar only goes back a few years.

I recently have had some issues connecting via wifi....hoping the new desktop version will help that.

Thanks,
BJB
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 30, 2022 13:48 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thought I would share this info. I have a Note 20 Ultra and Google calendar synch is and has been 100% OFF as I sync with MPE. This is the only device I use my calendar on and Sync to outlook PST on PC with MPE.

I also have a Tab S8 Ultra tablet that defaulted to google
calendar sync on. I noticed that Smart alerts were showing new calendar events entered on my phone! Immediately....even though the phone google calendar sync was off!

Kind of an oddity. I guess I don't really care as long as google doesn't also erase older calendar events on my phone that MPE has maintained. Just reminded me of this post.

Wish I knew what it was really doing as my ultimate thought per my post is MPE sync phone to outlook PST for backup and multi-year history, and google sync to cloud for backup and so my tablet also know what's happening currently.

Not sure if this started with android 12 or not. My S7 tablet did not do this.
BJB
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 30, 2022 15:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I've also seen calendar events sync between phone and Google even though calendar sync is OFF. Contacts seem OK and remain solely on the phone. Got over the issue by creating mu own local calendar(s) on the phone to sync with.

Not bothered to see what the problem is though.

BJB

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 10, 2023 20:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

As I moved to a new phone recently (which MPE makes so easy), I thought of an interesting feature request that relates to this thread.

One of the real advantages of MPE is that for the calendar, it can keep ALL of your history going back many years! So when I go to a new phone and have MPE Sync (one way copy to phone) my outlook calendar to the new phone I get all the history.

Google seems to only sync a year of calendar entries from what I have read. Although it appears to go back further for recurring events. I love MPE but it would be convenient for me to have a google cloud sync of my calendar so I can use it on other devices such as a tablet.

However, as has been discussed, if you just turn on google sync while also using MPE to perform a 2-way sync to an outlook PST, there is the risk of duplicates.

I think an interesting MPE feature might be to have an MPE sync option whereby all it does is sync those historical calendar events over a year old and leaves the current year alone. That way you could continue to build a history via MPE of a rolling 12 months, but the current 12 months would not duplicate. Unless you ran it without that option enabled.

Or, even better, an ability to do 2-way MPE syncs, with google calendar sync on, and MPE does a special "compare" of the last year of events to make sure it does not generate duplicates from records that google added/changed/deleted, or whatever.

Just a thought!

Thanks for a great product!

BJB
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.