FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Problem with recurring entries made in MPE Desktop Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
raichea

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Sep 10, 2021 14:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I've found recently (since a few weeks ago) that recurring events are not being transferred to my phone. I see someone else has reported a similar problem a few months ago, but there was no response.

- Phone: Pixel 3a
- Connection: WiFi
- MPE-version: 1.8.15; Client 1.0.80
- Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, OS Build 19043.1165
- Google calendar
- Computer: Ryzen 5600X with B550 chipset

Prior to my first noticing this, MPE has worked pretty much flawlessly, so something must have changed a few weeks ago. The Desktop software hasn't been changed for a while, so I guess this is either the MPE Client or a change in Google's calendar. The other report was using Outlook, so this suggests it may be more likely to be an MPE client problem.

Some further experimentation suggests the problem is triggered by setting an end date for a recurring item.

I initially created an item recurring weekly from 9Sep21 to 16Dec21, with exclusions on 16/9, 7/10, 21/10, 4/11 and 2/12. After syncing, only the first date was transferring to my phone's Google calendar, with no repeats.

I then tried just entering a weekly recurring event with no end date and no exclusions. This transferred to the phone correctly.

Next I excluded the list of dates already given - this, too, was correctly updated on the phone after syncing.

Finally, I added the end date of 16/12/21. The MPE calendar showed that the events stopped on that date, but the events on the phone carried on into the future after syncing, hence my suspicion about setting the end date being a factor in the problem

There are work arounds, of course, but this is quite an irritation and requires forethought and fiddling to get the phone calendar to be accurate.

I hope the above is helpful.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
raichea

BeitragVerfasst am: So Sep 12, 2021 16:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have checked the FAQ and don't see anything relevant in there. I'd appreciate at least a comment about this problem, even if there's no solution or it's pointed out as a stupid user error.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Sep 13, 2021 21:32 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

There was a known bug in recurrence patterns. Please install the update for the PC: https://www.fjsoft.at/files/MyPhoneExplorer_DebugUpdate.exe
Then check again the behaviour.

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
raichea

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Sep 13, 2021 22:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Many thanks... the behaviour is now as expected.

My apologies if I could have found this information elsewhere on the site but I did search and didn't find anything that looked promising.
Tigershark

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 21, 2021 22:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

No change here with Pixel4A and standard Android calendar. Recurring meetings show in MPE on the computer, but not in the phone. I even went in and selected "force edit", which helped on some single events that didn't show up previously, but that didn't help with this.

Do I need to delete calendar data and start over?
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.