FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Sync multiple calendars from outlook Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
JustinChase

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Sep 13, 2021 22:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I use several calendars in Outlook (desktop version of 365), but MyPhoneExplorer only syncs the main or default calendar.

I keep my personal and business separate, and have a couple other calendars for travel plans and weekly calls I don't always attend.

I'd love to be able to have all these calendars sync to my phone, but I don't see any way to do so. Even if they all had to go to the same calendar on the phone, it would be better than just not having these appointments on my phone.

Hopefully it's possible to do this now, but if not, please consider adding this support in the future.

thanks!
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 14, 2021 10:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

MP

Open MPE on PC.

File > Settings > Sync > (events and tasks) Advanced - choose the calendar to sync from the list.

Does that not do what you want?

JustinChase

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 14, 2021 13:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

No, my other calendars are not listed there.

Settings I see...

[img]https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsRvHoT0xtOw1A2CFvm7zwHAPlqT?e=AH8zQM[/img]

Calendars I have and want to sync...

[url]https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsRvHoT0xtOw1A6G2jPigEUkyVrX?e=X1RuVi[/url]

Please let me know if I can provide anything to help make this work.

thanks for your help

**Sorry, i can't get the images to show, neither img nor url tags work. Hopefully the links work directly to see the images
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Sep 16, 2021 20:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The setting "Calendars to sync" - the first screenshot does show you the current calendars on the phone. Open MyPhoneExplorer Client on the phone and tap on Settings->Local calendars. Here you can create for each Outlook calendar a local calendar in the phone. Enable these calendars in "Calendars to sync". Then got to "Advanced" where you see your Outlook folders to sync. If you select there more than one calendar then a blue link on top right will appear which will alow you to map phone calendar X to outlook calendar X and so on. If everything is set right then MyPhoneExplorer will put a event from calendar X to the calendar X on the phone and so on. Please note: The mappings will never affect existing appointments, it does only define in which target calendar MyPhoneExplorer will create a new appointment.

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
JustinChase

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 21, 2021 04:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

That worked great. I now have all my calendars syncing to my phone.

Thank you again. This program is such a great tool and I really appreciate your work in making it great!
gautxori

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Mai 09, 2022 10:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
The setting "Calendars to sync" - the first screenshot does show you the current calendars on the phone. Open MyPhoneExplorer Client on the phone and tap on Settings->Local calendars. Here you can create for each Outlook calendar a local calendar in the phone. Enable these calendars in "Calendars to sync". Then got to "Advanced" where you see your Outlook folders to sync. If you select there more than one calendar then a blue link on top right will appear which will alow you to map phone calendar X to outlook calendar X and so on. If everything is set right then MyPhoneExplorer will put a event from calendar X to the calendar X on the phone and so on. Please note: The mappings will never affect existing appointments, it does only define in which target calendar MyPhoneExplorer will create a new appointment.

There's a way to sync existing appointments to multiple calendars, but quite messy one: enabling the sync to each calendar separately, and finally reenabling the multiple calendar syncing. That should be easy to implement as a fix for MPE, could you do that? Thanks.
JustinChase

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jan 15, 2023 15:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have 5 calendars in Outlook, 2 are internet calendars, 3 are regular calendars setup in Outlook.

They are all set to sync to local calendars I've setup on the MPE client on the phone. They are color coded in both places.

I have them setup so that the calendar name in Outlook matches the local calendar name on the phone, and have the windows client set so the Outlook calendars are allocated to the correct calendars on the phone.

When I sync, 4 of the 5 calendars work properly, but one of the internet calendars syncs to the default (called Personal) calendar, so all the appointments are the wrong color and are attached to the wrong calendar in MPE and therefore on the phone.

I've deleted the appointments in MPE and forced an Outlook > MPE sync, and it continues to put these calendar items into the wrong calendar on the phone.

I cannot see anything different between the internet calendar that does work and the one that doesn't.

I'm happy to provide screenshots, or any other information necessary to fix this issue.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 19, 2023 09:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Yes, please post a screenshot of your sync settings

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
JustinChase

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 19, 2023 18:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

[img=http://www.dropbox.com/s/9i0bbdok71i03br/Manage%20Local%20Calendars.jpg?dl=0][/img]

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/4asz545polgbopr/Calendars%20to%20Snyc%20%282%29.jpg?dl=0[/img]

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/home/Photos/MCE?preview=Add+new+events+to.jpg[/img]

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/ube2wqrdyziktwu/calendars%20to%20snyc.jpg?dl=0[/img]

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/14m50u162cxb8cb/folders%20to%20snyc.jpg?dl=0[/img]

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/34sl6zmd1uuyd98/settings%20for%20outlook.jpg?dl=0[/img]

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/7685qdty2u2t24t/sync%20settings.jpg?dl=0[/img]
JustinChase

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 19, 2023 18:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

sorry. I have no idea why the img tag isn't working.

hopefully you can get/see the images with what I posted
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 19, 2023 20:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Which of the two is it?
1. 'Credit Sense'or 2. 'Travel'
Please create a calendar with a new name in your cell phone + deactivate the old calendar.
Assign the new calendar to the corresponding Outlook folder.

Doesn't help:
Try to only activate one calendar on both sides.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
JustinChase

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 20, 2023 16:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

It is the Credit Sense calendar that is getting mapped to the personal calendar that caused me to post this.

For all of this testing, I have the windows client set to force the computer to the phone for calendar syncing, so I do not lose any appointments on the computer.

I removed all my local calendars from the phone.
I created one new calendar called Test.
I turned off syncing of all other calendars in the MCE windows client, so only Credit Sense was set to synd
I told MCE to put all new appointments into the Test calendar (I had no other options)
I synced, and the Credit Sense appointments (all recurring) did sync to the correct calendar, verified with both the color and the name of these appointments.

I then added a new calendar on the phone called Business, with a different color.
I told MCE windows client to put all new appointments to this new Business calendar.

I set the windows client to allocate Business to Business and Credit Sense to Test.
I deleted the existing Test appointments on the windows client
I synced again and the business appointments worked fine, but the Credit Sense appointments were added, but to the Business calendar.

I then deleted the appointments on the test calendar on the windows client.
I then added the other calendars, but left the Test calendar as it was.
I set the client to put new appointments into the Personal folder.
I synced again, and all the appointments went to the correct calendars, except for the Credit Sense appointments, which got added to the Personal calendar.

I hope this all makes sense, but will do more testing or clarify anything you need.

**Also, during this testing, I tried unselecting all calendars to snyc and saw an error message in red at the bottom of that dialog which is in German.

"Es muss mindestens ein Eintrag ausgewahit werden"
JustinChase

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 31, 2023 16:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just wanted to follow up and see if you've had a chance to look into this, and if you wanted any more information from me to help troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks again
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 31, 2023 19:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

It should work the way you described it.
Please check the assignmen again:
Windows client to allocate Business to Busines and Credit Sense to Test.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
JustinChase

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 31, 2023 23:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

It does not work the way I believe it should.

If I have 2 internet calendars, one of them does not go to the calendar as assigned, it goes to the default calendar.

if I change which calendar is default, the second internet calendar goes to that default.

I've tried to be as descriptive as possible, so re-reading what I have typed should explain it in more detail, but as it sits today, this does not work properly.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.