FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Problem Syncing Calendar between Outlook 2010 and Android 13 Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
ChiefEngr

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 22, 2024 06:52 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello! I 've gotten a new phone and I am having problems trying to get my [local] Outlook calendar to sync with the Android Phone.

SYSTEM SETUP:
=================
> Fully Patched Win10/x64 system.

> MS Outlook 2010 installed on System (note: the goal is on-demand bi-directional syncing between the Android phone and the Outlook Contacts, Notes, Tasks, and Calendar.

> MPE Desktop v2.1

> Android 13 on Moto G Stylus 5G (2022) with 256GB internal & 512GB SD card.

> Connection between Computer and Phone is via WiFi Network

BRIEF HISTORY:
=================
I have been using MPE on my Computer to Sync my Outlook 2010 with my Android 6 (yes, Android Six) LG-G4 phone for many years with no problems. Using the Calendar and Contact apps (that came with the phone) together with the two MPE apps (Notes and Tasks), The Multi-sync worked perfectly from the get-go and has been working happily ever since.

Unfortunately, the LG G4 has gotten very long-in-the-tooth and I've replaced it with the Moto G phone.

WHAT IT DOES:
=================
The Contacts, Tasks, and Notes synced perfectly and properly.

I cannot say I am thrilled with the Google Contacts and Google Calendar Apps which were supplied with the phone, but I figure it if works with them I can make it work with any of the improved apps available.

The Calendar sync *said* it was doing things, but the events from Outlook 2010 did not show up in the phone's Google Calendar. In the process, it deleted all of my Outlook calendar entries (oops -- No worries; I have them backed up). This kinda gives me the sense that the "calendar sync target" on the phone is not what MPE thinks it is. (Or, there is some new google permission to allow other devices to access the calendar info. Curiously, it had not problem accessing the other 3 datasets without difficulty.)

I did not expect the sync to fail, so I did not play very close attention to all of the messages it showed. For this reason, I am going to try some more 'controlled' specific and detailed attempts to make it work and document the results.

I just wanted to get this in incase you already know what I need to do and can save me some trouble. I am in New York and am 6 hours behind your time.

MY THINKING:
=================
I don't know if the default "user@gmail.com" calendar is the target for MPE to sync with, or if I need to have a calendar with a name that matches what the calendar is called in Outlook 2010. I am thinking that I will clear my log files and do some simple tests to see if I can get a sense of where the computer is trying to send the calendar data.

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this problem. I will certainly update this forum entry if I find the recipe to make it work, and I will give you a write up of what I did to get it working (if I am that lucky!)

Thanks again, and best regards,
joe
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 22, 2024 12:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I advise you to create a local calendar storage and only activate this one for sync!
1.Create local calendar: Phone => MyPhoneExplorer Client => Settings => Manage local calendars => Create a new local calendar
2.Phone => MPE-Client => Settings => Calendars-accounts to sync enable only new calendar
3. MPE => Calendar => Blue Arrow ("Download entire")
4. Force sync from Outlook to phone

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
ChiefEngr

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 23, 2024 06:21 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Many Many Thanks!!

That certainly has gotten things working properly in both directions. Thank you for the fast and accurate reply!

Best Regards,
joe
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 23, 2024 14:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for your feedback!

Best regards icke

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.