FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Sync, Automatic and Interval Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Jonas
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 21, 2007 16:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you for a great program!

However I have two requests.
1. It is possible to perform an automatic sync when the mobile becomes connected?

2. When the mobile is connected, is it possible to have an sync performed every x min?

(I have searched the program and forum for these features, but haven't found anything, so I'm guessing that these features doesn't exists)

Thanks again for a great program.
Jonas
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 21, 2007 16:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm using v1.5.9 with a SE K610i connection with a USB-cable, WinXP-SP2
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 21, 2007 20:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

MyPhoneExplorer should nothing do which can make problems. Often discusswed about this features - i don't want to make it.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Jonas
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 21, 2007 23:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ok, I understand if you don't want to make it.

Just to cure my curiousity, could you please explain what problems are connected to these features?
Nononame
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Feb 22, 2007 01:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I would like the following idea:

Another tiny tool (not MPE itself) sits in the try and searches for a phone to become connected. And if it does, it just starts MPE with the apropriate parameters to sync and close it again.
That way people could use that feature but FJ doesn't have to bother and it doesn't bloat the MPE itself. Another advantage would be, that such a tool would consume less memory and cpu-time while idle.
Problem is: I can't write something like that Smile
And I'm not sure how much work has to be done for the checking part (USB might be easy, but how about Bluetooth/Irda?).
If anybody could write such a tool, I think that might be a welcomed addition to MPE...
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Feb 22, 2007 19:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@Jonas: Example - you imported a file with thousand contacts. You want to delete the most contacts before syncing. Sync starts just this moment - GREAT, now your phone is blown with many unused contacts. Also visa versa - you mark some entries in MPE to delete. After a while you remember that you need some contacts, but its too late - MyPhoneExplorer has synced already.

I forgot to tell you about the commandline-parameters. You can already start the sync outside from MPE. Please read the english FAQ
Jonas
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 23, 2007 15:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you for explaining, I now see why you don't want to implement these features.

I read the FAQ as you suggested and through the commandline parameters it's possible to create these features.

However, when trying create these features I ran into som "problems".
I wonder if it is possible to set the program to not show system error messages. (I would like to ignore the system error message that occurs when calling sync from commandline and the device isn't connected. so I don't have to press ok every 30min.)

Is it also possible to have the sync window to run hidden?

Regards,
Jonas
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 23, 2007 16:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Maybe i include this in the next version
Jonas
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 26, 2007 09:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you!
miseryshining
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 28, 2007 16:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
@Jonas: Example - you imported a file with thousand contacts. You want to delete the most contacts before syncing. Sync starts just this moment - GREAT, now your phone is blown with many unused contacts. Also visa versa - you mark some entries in MPE to delete. After a while you remember that you need some contacts, but its too late - MyPhoneExplorer has synced already.

I forgot to tell you about the commandline-parameters. You can already start the sync outside from MPE. Please read the english FAQ

IMO it isn't you that should take responsibility for these possible usability problems, but the user himself should be able to decide to take this 'risc' or not. I for one will never have to deal with the problem above, and would love this auto sync feature, which should be pretty easy to implement (correct me if i'm wrong). Multisync under linux offers this feature as well, and it's great for people like me, who forget to synchronize stuff on a regular base.

and before i forget: thanks a million times for this great tool, it works without a glitch on my new k550i.
miseryshining
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 08, 2007 13:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

oh well, i set it up thru windows task planner, and it works nicely. I guess that's what the thing is made for after all Wink. The command line options rock btw, nice to have that flexibility.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.