FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Clarify contacts issues Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Brainer

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 28, 2011 03:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi:

First, please keep up the good work. I want to make more donations!
This is a one-of-a-kind program that really works.

I recently upgraded my Moto Defy to Android 2.2.1 (Froyo). Because of that, I decided to upgrade to latest version of MPE and MPE client.

When I sync. (Windows 7) contacts now, several things I need help with:

First, the Contacts only show up under the Dialler icon (not the Contacts icon). Does this mean I didn't set up the right accounts on the phone to Sync. I don't want to go through the Google Cloud, Just PC>--->Phone for privacy reasons. I did this before, so I know it can be done without syncing through the cloud.

Second, the contacts show up (I know, I asked this already-but sorry, never understood the principles so I can't remember what to do) in the format firstname, last name instead of lastname, firstname. How do I fix it is so that I always have lastname, firstname again? Can you remind me why this is, and which overrides which in terms of phone vs. PC and/or how they interact?

Third, syncing (Windows 7) Contacts still seems to be very slow, even though I'm actually forcing overwrite of everything on the phone. It just took me about 20 minutes to do less than 300 contacts. Is there anything you can do about this?

Finally, I can't remember if I asked this already, but I believe the (Work?) e-mail field in Windows Contacts is being mapped to "other" on my Defy. Can that be fixed somehow?

I really wish you had a larger FAQ. I know you're probably very busy, but I think many of us are asking the same questions over and over again, which takes up a lot of your time. So, for example, if there was a picture or diagram explaining how contact syncing is mapped, it might help us understand without having to search through the forum and read endlessly until our eyes hurt. I know most people bitch about this, but don't do anything, so with clearer documentation I'd be willing to make a sixable donation.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work!
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 12, 2012 02:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

1) Open the settings of "MyPhoneExplorer Client" on phone and check which account is selected for new contacts. If you see there "MotoBlur" then you should choose this. Mototorola is a littlebit special, maybe they did make changes which i did not implement in the client. In every case: Please post the logfile after you synced one contact from MPE to phone

2) There is also a setting for it in MyPhoneExplorer Client, but newer Android Versions do overwrite the Name which was saved by MyPhoneExplorer. Just try it

3) The datahandling of MyPhoneExplorer needs some milliseconds, but saving the contact in the phonebook can take much more time. This depends on Android, i can do nothing against this. But in case all contacts are on the phone then the sync should be much faster

4) MyPhoneExplorer does handle at the moment no email-Type. This is a problem i know but cause there were always "more important" tasks it still exists. But its on my list

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
Brainer

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 12, 2012 04:08 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for all that help. I'll look into it. If you can ever find time (I'm sure you're busy) to include the e-mail field, it would be very helpful.

Thanks

Brainer hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Hi:

First, please keep up the good work. I want to make more donations!
This is a one-of-a-kind program that really works.

I recently upgraded my Moto Defy to Android 2.2.1 (Froyo). Because of that, I decided to upgrade to latest version of MPE and MPE client.

When I sync. (Windows 7) contacts now, several things I need help with:

First, the Contacts only show up under the Dialler icon (not the Contacts icon). Does this mean I didn't set up the right accounts on the phone to Sync. I don't want to go through the Google Cloud, Just PC>--->Phone for privacy reasons. I did this before, so I know it can be done without syncing through the cloud.

Second, the contacts show up (I know, I asked this already-but sorry, never understood the principles so I can't remember what to do) in the format firstname, last name instead of lastname, firstname. How do I fix it is so that I always have lastname, firstname again? Can you remind me why this is, and which overrides which in terms of phone vs. PC and/or how they interact?

Third, syncing (Windows 7) Contacts still seems to be very slow, even though I'm actually forcing overwrite of everything on the phone. It just took me about 20 minutes to do less than 300 contacts. Is there anything you can do about this?

Finally, I can't remember if I asked this already, but I believe the (Work?) e-mail field in Windows Contacts is being mapped to "other" on my Defy. Can that be fixed somehow?

I really wish you had a larger FAQ. I know you're probably very busy, but I think many of us are asking the same questions over and over again, which takes up a lot of your time. So, for example, if there was a picture or diagram explaining how contact syncing is mapped, it might help us understand without having to search through the forum and read endlessly until our eyes hurt. I know most people bitch about this, but don't do anything, so with clearer documentation I'd be willing to make a sixable donation.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work!
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.