FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Need help with restoring text messages (sms's) to phone Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenDieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.
Autor Nachricht
InPeril
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 21, 2010 15:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello,

My name is Martin, and yesterday i used MyPhoneExplorer to backup all the files on my girlfriends phone (a Sony Ericsson W595), so i could install the latest firmware through Sony Ericsson PC companion. She told me it was very important that she got her sms's back on the phone, and i thought that when you synchronized, it would go both ways, as it does with movies/pics etc. She is heartbroken, because those texts represent many memories to her, and she looks at them often.

My question is, is there any way to restore the sms's to her phone? I considered sending them, but it is a rather large quantity (about 17.000).

Any help or tips are very, very welcome.

Thank you very much
StefanGaller

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 21, 2010 18:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

did you make a backup via the "create backup"-function in MPE?
If so, simply go to "restore backup" and restore the data on your girlfriends phone. If you didnt make a backup via this methode, please try to explain more precisely how you "synced the data". Is the data still in the MPE (maybe in the archiv?)?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
InPeril
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Dez 23, 2010 10:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I connected the phone and clicked "download entire". After installing the new firmware, I pressed synchronize and everything except the text messages got transfered back to the phone. The text messages are stored in MPE, with all the original inbox items in the inbox folder, the original sent items in the sent items folder.

So what I'm trying to accomplish here is to get the messages from the folders on the computer back into the correct folders on her phone.

I hope that helps, thank you for your response.
StefanGaller

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Dez 23, 2010 13:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ok, try this:

1. Step: Select all your messages and right click-> copy to archiv!

This way, the messages should be safe and you cant do anything to complete erase them by mistake!

2. connect your phone
3. go to "archiv"
4. select the messages you want to copy on your phone!
5. press on "save messages on phone".

This should do the trick!

Please report back, if you've got it to work!
InPeril
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So Dez 26, 2010 22:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you so much for your help! It worked perfectly for the inbox messages and the drafts, but the sent messages have no time stamps and are thus pretty useless, but i doubt there's any way to correct that, and they really weren't that important.

Again, thank you!

Merry christmas and a happy new year.
StefanGaller

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 27, 2010 17:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

yeah, as far as i know there is no possibility to set the time stamps in the phone!
weinbi

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 27, 2010 23:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

StefanGaller hat Folgendes geschrieben:
yeah, as far as i know there is no possibility to set the time stamps in the phone!

That's right. There is no way to get or set the sent message timestamps on non-android phones.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenICQ-Nummer
Neues Thema eröffnenDieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.