FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Text font bug Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
EDstyler
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jun 03, 2006 15:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

There is Bug or something with a text in Address Book and Messages, it's like the program is using ClearType method to smooth edges of screen fonts.
But only in party where is Messages and Adress Book,Calls,and where ever is text transfered from phone.

I think that method is good only for LCD monitors,so please fix this visibility bug.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jun 03, 2006 21:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

MyPhoneExplorer uses the same Font and smooth-effect like the rest of windows. So if you don't like Cleartype disable it in Windows.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
EDstyler
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jun 03, 2006 23:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

But it's allready disabled, but I'm giving you that like example,becouse some parts of MyPhoneExplorer uses ClearType or something for text,so it look very bad...
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jun 04, 2006 00:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Screenshot ? If possible with an explorerwindow in background.
EDstyler
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jun 04, 2006 02:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Here is it!
Notice,how the text of folder in Windows Explorer is clear and clean,and in MyPhoneExplorer is muddy.

Image[/list]
Arvind

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 08, 2006 08:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Maybe its just with the font size or something. I have the same smeared font on my display. Tried it on two PCs and its the same. It would be nice if we could have the option to change the font type and size.

Good luck FJ and keep it up!

Cheers,
Arvind
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
vlevi

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 03, 2007 00:32 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Arvind hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Maybe its just with the font size or something. I have the same smeared font on my display. Tried it on two PCs and its the same. It would be nice if we could have the option to change the font type and size.

Good luck FJ and keep it up!

Cheers,
Arvind

No, it's not a font size problem, it is cleartype. And you can believe me, cleartype is much worse in LCD monitors, than the default fonts! It is blurry.
Sorry for the Hungarian language of my Windows XP screenshot, but maybe you can see that none of the font smoothing option is turned on.
I tried to use the MS Sans Serif font insted of Tahoma, but it is still cleartype. Maybe your software development enviromnent (is it VB?) has something with cleartype settings. Strange, that the left sidebar is not cleartype, but the other list elements are.
One thing about this: There was a beta version of the Internet Explorer 7, which also used cleartype, and it was also an error, it was fixed in the next beta of IE7.

On the other hand, this application is awesome! The contacts and the calendar editing is that I have searched for a long time to my K510.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenMSN Messenger
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 03, 2007 21:48 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I know the problem. It is only in the lists in myPhoneExplorer. I use therefore a integrated list-control, and i don't want to change its sourcecode.

Solution: Set the Font in MyPhoneExplorer to "MS Sans Serif". Not - its not helpfully to set the systemfont, change the font only in MyPhoneExplorer.
vlevi

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 04, 2007 12:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I know the problem. It is only in the lists in myPhoneExplorer. I use therefore a integrated list-control, and i don't want to change its sourcecode.

Solution: Set the Font in MyPhoneExplorer to "MS Sans Serif". Not - its not helpfully to set the systemfont, change the font only in MyPhoneExplorer.

Yes, it works, thank you. The only one thing, that I don't know, why Visual Basic thinks, that everybody will like cleartype fonts. Cleartype maybe useful for larger font sizes (I think 16 or greater), but the default text size for dialog boxes are hard to read with cleartype. I have tried the Windows XP Cleartype Powertoy, but even the minimal effect on the text appearance was too much for me.
vlevi

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 04, 2007 13:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am not a VB expert, but reading the MSDN pages, isn't it possible, that some font rendering is set?
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.