FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Feature request - connection problems with multiple devices Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
myxiplx

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 28, 2007 18:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have two phones I'm using at the moment as I've just upgraded from a k750i to a k800i. I'm using your software to try to copy my contacts across as I've tried the sony software on two machines now and it's not worked on either...

Your program detects both phones fine, but can I request a change to the behaviour when I click connect.

The two phones I have use different com ports. One uses COM6, the other COM10. If I swop phones the program detects it fine (I get a popup in the taskbar), but when I click connect the program errors saying it can't find anything on that COM port.

I have to go to options and click detect to swop the com port over. Once that's done it connects fine.

Could I suggest updating the code to the following:
- Store the com port settings for each phone that's been detected so far
- When connect is pressed, search com ports in order of most recent use
- If no phones found, ask the user if they want to detect a new one

I'm also finding that it's a bit awkward copying contacts across because the program creates a different user for each phone. I'm experimenting with this now, may well give some more feedback once I've got this done.

Thanks for a great program, ten times better than the garbage Sony's written.

Ross
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 28, 2007 19:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Please take a look at Menu->File->Users and choose the right account BEFORE you try to connect. MyPhoneExplorer saves already the right port for each phone.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
myxiplx

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 28, 2007 19:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

So it does Smile

heh, I guess modern software's making me lazy... I'm too used to it doing everything for me Very Happy
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Feb 28, 2007 19:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hehe
myxiplx

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 01, 2007 15:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Heh, just found another time this falls over.

I forgot to bring my cable in to work today so connected the phone via bluetooth - that means I've now got a different com port being used for this phone. Very Happy

So I'm back to my original thinking. Is there any way you could identify the phone automatically, making the com port settings redundant? Can you read a serial number or such from the phones?

If you could, there would be no need to store the com port used for each phone - when the user clicks connect you could just scan the com ports, and when you find a phone, see if it's one that's known or if it's new, and ask the user if they want to connect to it.

I'm thinking you'd need to ask the user because with bluetooth there can be quite a few phones in range.

None of this is vital by any means - the program works great, I've just got a nasty habbit of creating work for others Wink
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 01, 2007 19:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Many many coding only to automate the COM-Setting ?
myxiplx

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 02, 2007 11:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Yeah, it's a bit of a change from how it's working now. Is there any way I can help out?

I'm not a great developer by any means, but I've got experience in VB 6, .NET and now Visual Studio 2005.

You've already got the code to scan com ports, I'm pretty sure I could get the rest going.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 02, 2007 15:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Its not a question if its possible. Your solution would work great if all users in the world uses the original USB-Cable. A virtual COM-Port via Bluetooth exists always - no way to detect a new device. If you want to scan this virtual COM-Port then MyPhoneExplorer hangs up to 10 seconds - thats bullshit.
myxiplx

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 02, 2007 16:46 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I still reckon I could do that. It should be possible to create a multi-threaded routine to do the checking. The delay on the threads that are checking a bluetooth port won't affect the other threads, and the user can be informed as soon as any phone is found.

It's up to you. I'll happily have a go at this if it's ok with you.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 03, 2007 21:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

VB6 and MultiThreading. Its one of the limits of VisualBasic - its only possible with memoryhacking in VB, and thats too riskfull for an application with this publicity.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.