FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Post wishes, Feature requests here Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Jesper Hertel

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 29, 2008 02:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

weinbi hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I'll tell you that it would be better to sort the useless messages immediatly out! If you do it before moving to archive, it will take you a few minutes but if you have 32.000 messages in archive and you want to sort them out, it will take you hours!

Ah, I don't think you understand. I want to keep the messages to avoid sorting them out at all. I don't want to spend any time reading all messages twice and sorting the useful from the useless messages. That's the whole point. I just keep all of them forever and don't have to worry about whether I will need them or not. That's why I have a Sony Ericsson phone - because I can use MyPhoneExplorer to archive my messages to avoid having to spend any time finding out which messages to delete and which not to delete. I simply want a program that can help me archive all my messages as easy as possible for me.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Jesper Hertel

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 29, 2008 03:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Zitat:
Shouldn't MyPhoneExplorer make things easier for the user?
You are right, but it doesn't help me if i create features where i know that they will make problems.

Hm, but it won't make any problems for me as the user. I already archive all my messages, have done it since the summer of 2007, and it works fine, no problems here, with more than 5000 messages in the archive. I just want it to be a little easier to me to do what I already do. And now that I know how to export and delete messages to avoid an archive that is too big, I can't see any problems with it.

I think users are used to limits - a hard disk has a storage limit, an mp3 player has a storage limit, a tv recorder has a storage limit... You could even implement a simple function that on the click of a button exports the entire archive to a file (xml, html, or so, with the current date as suggested file name) and then empties the archive. Then it would be very easy for the user to keep the archive small and effective.

Access-Databases are no option. MPE should be so independend as possible.

Okay, I understand. And I don't know of any completely free cross-platform file database engines. (The open source ones are not completely free - they typically require that the software that use them is also made open source.)

The function Extras-Current list-Open with... is not for exporting data. Its a general function to "print" the data in Word or Excel. You cannot import those files back !! If you want to export or import data check the contextmenu.

Thanks, I hadn't noticed that! Very Happy
freemz

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 29, 2008 17:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I use Lotus Notes and Google Calendar but there is no good way to sync the two calendars with each other. It would be great if you allowed for MyPhoneExplorer to support syncing of 2 calendars.

New button on Sync Options Dialog- Add Another Calendar

Once setup, during multi-sync MPE would do the following:
1) Sync with 1st calendar
2) Sync with 2nd calendar
3) Sync differences back to 1st calendar
hbraga

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 02, 2008 21:46 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

MyPhoneExplorer seems to be a very good tool. However, I could not make it works with my new SE z250i. Do you know if there is a way to setup communication with this device?

It woul be interesting to provied in your website a list of compatible models.

Regards,

HB Crying or Very sad
manitougs

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 02, 2008 22:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi

Some low-budgets-phones have not a pc-software connection.
Look on the SE-homepage, if it is possible, to download the orginal se-suite for your phone-modell.
If so, the phone have a software-connection and MPE should also work with your phone.
If not, .......

lg mani
JY
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Mai 03, 2008 22:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi!
An option to schedule multisynchronization would be very handy Razz
Thanks
weinbi

BeitragVerfasst am: So Mai 04, 2008 13:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You can just activate such options as "sync when connected" or "sync on close".
But however you can create a shortcut for multisync, e.g. ctrl+m or whatever you want.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenICQ-Nummer
rahul.gupta

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 06, 2008 10:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello

I read a post in the FAQs and my query was exactly the same!

http://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42
Zitat:
It's not possible to get the "send date and time" from phone if the message wasn't send directly from MyPhoneExplorer. Off course, the timestamp of sending is shown in the phone, but there's no way of getting that out from it. At incoming SMS there are timestamps from SMS Service-Center, at outgoing SMS this timestamps are missing.
This is also a problem with other phones and software and isn't a problem of this software.

While it explained that it is not possible to get the timestamps of the sent messages and suggested the way of editing it but it is a tiresome job when we have to do it for all the messages!

May I suggest you a feature?

What I basically wanted with the messages is to save them in computer to have a contact specific conversation archive and history!
It is possible to do using MPE by saving the messages into the computer archive and moving them into contact specific folders! Good!

But there can be a feature in which you can select a sequence of the messages (of the conversation) and then move them into the specific folder. (First move/copy the required set of messages from the inbox and sent items to the computer archive.)

This will not set the exact sent time of the sent messages but can set the time in relation to the related inbox messages, at least. And this will help building a conversation.

I hope this will help improving the already great software!

Thanks!

--
Rahul
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
blutarsky

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 06, 2008 12:08 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

In Contacts section, enable a keyboard shortcut to Dial the current contact

Windows version: Windows Vista
Firmware version: R1EA031
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 06, 2008 12:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@blutarsky: Use CTRL+D
@rahul: I know what you mean but i don't think that it can be implemented in this way that every user understand its sense. MyPhoneExplorer is designed for easy-to-use.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
blutarsky

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Mai 06, 2008 12:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Very Happy Very Happy

Windows version: Windows Vista
Firmware version: R1EA031
Eddie Plum

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 07, 2008 17:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Probably fairly low doen the priority list, but I'd really like to see a clock in MPE.

For example, I'd like to know what the time is on the phone while I'm using the organiser functions. This would be particularly useful when travelling and using different time zones.

Ed.

Windows XP SP2

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 07, 2008 17:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You can view the current time on the phone if you open the Clock-Sync-Window
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
rahul.gupta

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 08, 2008 16:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@rahul: I know what you mean but i don't think that it can be implemented in this way that every user understand its sense. MyPhoneExplorer is designed for easy-to-use.

Hi

What I think is every great sofware is made keeping in mind all kind of users; most advanced as well as the novice ones.
What is the harm in adding some advanced features in the software. Those who want to use them, will use them.

Users can be made aware of the feature by placing a contol like "Build a conversation" or the information can be appended in the Help section.

No end user uses all the features of a software. They use a particular set of features regularly. And rest is available to them iff they want to use them!

Regards!

--
Rahul
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 09, 2008 12:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Dear Team,

It's really a great job, I wish to ask for a feature i.e. to talk through my computer headset. As when it is connected to computer and Call rings, it is not possible to attach hands free, so it's good to use system headset.

BR/ Faisal
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.