FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Post wishes, Feature requests here Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 22, 2008 18:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

optional feature: syncronize 3gp files and other folders
peter gutniak

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 23, 2008 03:16 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Zitat:
Or maybe just one for SMS, since that´s the only data type that syncs immediately with the phone

Menu-File-Settings-Advanced 1-Show a confirmationwindow if messages get deleted in myPhoneExplorer while syncing

Thanks, that option is already checked. What I meant was that if you make a change in let´s say contacts (in MPE), the contact in question gets marked up as being in line for execution of said change, next time the phone syncs. If you´ve chosen to for example delete a contact, it will immediately be marked for deletion, but nothing will happen until you synchronize.

SMS on the other hand are immediately deleted (on both MPE and phone) if you press delete and then enter. That´s the difference. And that´s why I thought it wise to add support for wastebaskets... Very Happy

As a separate note, I noticed that there doesn´t seem to be any way of un-doing changes made in contacts. If you mark a contact for deletion, but then decide against it, the only option you have to make sure that it doesn´t get deleted next time you sync, is to "force edit". My suggestion would be to add an "un-" option to every normal one, being greyed out if the option is already active. For example:

Edit
Un-edit
Delete
Un-delete
Force as edit
Un-force as edit

To minimize the number of options in the right-click menu, one could use the all powerful "Revert" instead... Wink

Take care... Laughing
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 23, 2008 07:47 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Un-edit is not possible cause i cannot findout if there were already changes earlier.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
e
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 23, 2008 10:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
This Thraed is here for posting wishes so i have an overview what i should implement

I'd love more options in the "search for unknown numbers via internet". Such as, log it to a separate file, have the name and number in a balloon message in systray, rather than the current OK box prompt.

I love the program and will donate again.

One more thing. I printed an SMS today and the &-char didn't print. The text int the message was FJSOFT&FJSOFT and it printed FJSOFTFJSOFT. I think a '&&' might be needed here Surprised

/e
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 23, 2008 13:32 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You have also in the contactswindow a button for reverse-search. The output in this window is better. Its not planned to add any logfiles for this feature.

I will checkout the problem with SMS-Printing
Cerberus
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Apr 24, 2008 11:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

I'd like to see a frontend for MPE (possibly a skin) that would allow it to be easily used on my in car pc which has a 7inc touch screen. There has in the bast been development on an app called phonecontrol but that was expensive and bnever quite worked for me.

It would not necessarily need all of the featurs of MPE to be present for in car use... I would really like the functionality of SMS and HandsFree...

It would need some form of on screen jeyboard for touch screen users like myself.

If you would like more idea of the types of software us car pc users use please have a look on www.digital-car.co.uk and www.freedrive.co.uk

The owner of the freedrive site develops a great car pc front end called FreeIce that supports embedding other apps. It would be great to be able to embed MPE but the interface of it as is is just not usable on a 7" touch screen...

If you don't have space in your development for this sort of idea... would it be possible to obtain the 'engine' of the app so that a complete touch scren front end could be written for it my myself or someone else in the cr pc community?

Thanks.. sorry for rambling!
C
Texter
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Apr 24, 2008 20:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I think a great feature would be to route all outgoing text messages through and online SMS service when the phone is connected. I get a ton of texts at work and this would really cut down on the cost of the bill at the end of the month.

Thanks,
Ody553us

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 25, 2008 15:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello, first of all its a great product.

i have a situation where i send 100+ sms using this tool. sometimes for some unknown reason sms sending is failed. now i have to manually write down all the phone number to which sms sending failed so that i can again send them sms. it would be great to see something like Retry Send after each failed entry or a checkbox and a button for Retry. also it would be great if you can place a button to clear the list to which sms sending succeeded.

Thanks
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 25, 2008 20:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Which version you use ?
Jesper Hertel

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 26, 2008 20:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello.

Thanks again for this wonderful program!

I use the new archive function a lot. I like not having to decide which messages to keep and which to delete - I just archive them all, like in Gmail. And it is quite easy!

I wish the archiving could be made even simpler, though. Right now I have to go through these six steps every time:
1. Go to the Inbox.
2. Press Ctrl+A.
3. Press the Move to archive button.
4. Go to the Sent items.
5. Press Ctrl+A.
6. Press the Move to archive button.

I wish I could just select a menu item or so (like Tools|Archive all messages), and then all this would be done automatically by the program. Preferably also without asking me if I want duplicates of messages in my archive - I never want duplicates.

The drafts should not be archived. If someone wants the drafts to be archived too, it could be an option which folders the user wants archived in the "Archive all messages" function.

Best regards,
Jesper Hertel
blutarsky

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Apr 28, 2008 11:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

What about reading call timers from phone, showing them in the "monitor" window

Windows version: Windows Vista
Firmware version: R1EA031
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Apr 28, 2008 11:52 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@blutarsky: The call-timers cannot be read from the phone

@Jesper: I know what you mean and i agree it would be useful for some users. But the sms-archive in MPE gets problems if the size grows up. The serach for duplicates need much time, the archiving-action need much more time...
I optimized in the last versions many things for the sms-archive so it works very fast now, but a feature you wish whould copy every useless sms into the archive. Its more s strategic decition to keep this feature away from MyPhoneExplorer.

By the way: After 32.000 messages is the archive full
Jesper Hertel

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Apr 28, 2008 19:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@FJ:

Okay... Actually, the most important reason I use MyPhoneExplorer is to be able to archive my messages. I agree that 9 out of 10 sms'es are useless to keep, and in time also 99 out of 100, but I don't want to take the time reading every message again and deciding which ones are the useless ones and which to keep. That's why I just want to save all of them. And it feels a bit strange that you kind of want to make it hard for the user to archive the messages... Shouldn't MyPhoneExplorer make things easier for the user? I do understand your concerns, but there are solutions to them.

Is there any way to make the archive limited only by the amount of free disk space? Could you use a simple indexed database engine? Like a Microsoft Jet database (Access)? Then the speed, indexing and housekeeping is all taken care of by the database engine. (And you don't have to have Access installed to use the Access/Jet database format).

And couldn't the easy archive function I suggested be off by default, and when the user turns it on deep inside the user options, he or she is warned that there is only room for 32.000 messages in the archive, and that a large archive makes archive actions slower? Only those of us that find it useful would turn it on then. And if it shows to be popular, well, then it's because others, like me, also wants an easy archive possibility. And then we can manually export the archive and clean it up, when it grows too big.

Actually, when you told me now there is a limit to the archive, I tried exporting the messages in HTML and Word (because then I can do that once in a while and then clean up the archive). But then I noticed that some information is not exported: Whether the message is sent *to* or *from* the given person. This is an important information. Right now, you will have to read the message and guess, but you definitely cannot be sure. Would it be possible to add a column containing either the word "From" or "To" for each record of the export? Then that information is not lost in the export, and I can safely archive my messages and delete the MyPhoneExplorer archive, when it grows to be too large.

The phone number could also be nice to have in the export. Right now, only the name is there.

Best regards,
Jesper Hertel
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Apr 28, 2008 20:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
Shouldn't MyPhoneExplorer make things easier for the user?
You are right, but it doesn't help me if i create features where i know that they will make problems.

Access-Databases are no option. MPE should be so independend as possible.

The function Extras-Current list-Open with... is not for exporting data. Its a general function to "print" the data in Word or Excel. You cannot import those files back !! If you want to export or import data check the contextmenu.
weinbi

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Apr 28, 2008 21:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Jesper Hertel hat Folgendes geschrieben:
And then we can manually export the archive and clean it up, when it grows too big.

I'll tell you that it would be better to sort the useless messages immediatly out! If you do it before moving to archive, it will take you a few minutes but if you have 32.000 messages in archive and you want to sort them out, it will take you hours!

Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenICQ-Nummer
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.