FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 MPE no longer connecting to phone Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
sl23

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 21, 2023 23:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have used MPE for about 3 years now simply to copy mp3, epub and pics to from my phone. I've always used WIFI connection, have the same phone since 2017, Galaxy S7, that's right, an SG7!

My computer has changed two or three times and my router twice. No matter what I try, even tried Bluetooth, nothing works. Very occasionally, it will connect, no idea why as I haven't changed any settings.

It was quite some time ago that this issue started, maybe 6-12 months ago, but since the start, it's never been 100% reliable for me. I have now given up and started using Microsofts YourPhone app, but it doesn't allow batch saving of pics or uploading that I can see. So I would really appreciate your help getting this to work.

Thank you.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 22, 2023 08:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Please contact FJ via Mail directly with a link to this thread=> Impressum

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 22, 2023 15:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Please ensure that MyPhoneExplorer Client is running when MyPhoneExplorer tries to connect. Normally its launched automatically, but this can fail so please check. If this is not the reason then please post or send me the logfile: Menu-File-Settings-Show logfile

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
sl23

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 22, 2023 18:52 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for your replies.
Sorry, but what is the client? The PC app?
I thought that the correct procedure was to start the phone app then the PC app connects to it, is that correct? I remember having problems when I first started using the app partly as I didn't know if it mattered which was started first.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von sl23 am Mi Nov 22, 2023 19:10, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
sl23

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 22, 2023 18:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

You know what? I just opened the PC app to check it was up to date and it started the phone app, I'm sure it never used to do that! Then a QR code appeared as my phones wifi was off, switched that on and scanned the QR, it connected straight away!!!

I am sure I read somewhere quite a while ago that you had to have the phone app running when starting the PC app?

Anyway, I'll see how it goes, I only use it occasionally, few times a year, but will definitely keep it if it works well. And I'll donate once I'm happy it's working!

Thanks for this great app and thanks for the very quick responses. Very Happy

EDIT:Just disconnected and retried, connected without a problem! Laughing
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 23, 2023 01:47 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for your feedback!

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Please ensure that MyPhoneExplorer Client is running when MyPhoneExplorer tries to connect.

By MyPhoneExplorer Client, FJ always means the MyPhoneExplorer app on the cell phone!
It is correct that if necessary (e.g. sync, file access...) the program tries to start the MyPhoneExplorer client on the cell phone using Google push. Unfortunately, this doesn't always work correctly, so a manual start is necessary.
The MPE client can also crash sometimes, in which case it is necessary to close it and restart it.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
sl23

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 23, 2023 10:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for explaining.
It's odd though that the last month or so I've been trying to connect and couldn't, until I started the PC app first!

After your advice, I tried starting the 'Client' (phone app) first, then the PC app and it connected fine. But this is what I've been experiencing from the beginning of use. One minute it works, then it doesn't. I wonder if it could be where I use it so rarely that updates are implemented and change things causing confusion in the app maybe?
sl23

BeitragVerfasst am: So Dez 10, 2023 22:08 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Now I'm back to it not working. Started mobile app, then PC app, no connection via Wi-Fi.

After several attempts, it worked.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.