FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 ISSUES WITH RESTORING TEXT MESSAGES VERSION 2.1 Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
reubenzadeh

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 29, 2023 19:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

My old phone was stolen, but I had everything backed up on my MyPhoneExplorer desktop software. I was able to recover my calendar, my contacts and even my notes, but the text messages from the old phone backed up on my desktop have not transferred despite me trying 10 times!
I even upgraded to the 2.1 version but no luck!
I tried to just back up the SMS messages from the desktop under the old user for the old phone and it freezes up!
I have tried restoring from the older backups, and to only check off the SMS box and still no luck. The program freezes on me quite often. Please advise if you have a solution for me to restore my SMSs from the old phone (the one which was stolen) to my new phone so that I can recover the text messages.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 29, 2023 19:48 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Look => Informations about changes in access to SMS and Call lists

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
reubenzadeh

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Dez 06, 2023 23:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

No offense to anyone, but this justification/excuse does not follow any logic. If Google were indeed restricting access to call/text functions, then it wouldn't allow MyPhoneExplorer desktop to send text messages from the desktop either. It clearly does and therefore, there is no restriction. The desktop software is flawed and has issues. It freezes up when trying to back up just text messages. It also has issues when trying to restore as it freezes up. This is a software problem/flaw and has nothing to do with Google.
The desktop software used to work just fine until a few years ago. There is a flaw in the program which cannot be blamed on Google. In fact, there are many apps on Google Store which back up texts and if I knew MyPhoneExplorer is useless when it comes to saving texts, I would've used them instead before my phone was stolen.
The other thing which defies logic, is why have the SMS backup functionality, if you cannot restore? It really makes the program totally useless with regard to texts.
Someone please tell FJ to fix. This has nothing to do with Google. Handcent SMS is an app which easily allows for SMS backups. If Google really restricted things, it wouldn't allow that app and hundreds of other non-Google texting and calling apps to exist. FJ, please fix the desktop software!
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Dez 07, 2023 14:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

In order to be able to back up the SMS, you have to uninstall the current MPE client on your cell phone and install as recommended in the link MPE- Install Client_1.0.48.
FJ had to choose the official MPE-Client
- To be able to continue sending SMS
or
- To be able to backup SMS
FJ has decided to continue sending SMS messages

Please contact FJ via Mail directly with a link to this thread=> Impressum

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.