FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Contacts: Force Outlook to Phone: Option to Delete Contacts? Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
wizard99

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jun 26, 2023 18:47 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Is there an Option in MPE that will DELETE CONTACTS on the Phone that are NOT in the Outlook PC Phonebook?

We use Force Outlook To Phone, but Contacts no longer listed in the "Master" Contact List of the PC remain on the Phone, and the only method I can see is to manually Delete the Contact on the phone individually.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jun 26, 2023 21:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

This should not happen.
Push the second button in the toolbar of MyPhoneExplorer in the contactlist (Download entire). Then sync again with Outlook.

If the contacts then still on the phone then they are stored in another contact account which is not snyced by MyPhoneExplorer

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
wizard99

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jun 27, 2023 17:13 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you for your prompt reply... Greatly appreciated!

I just finished writing a lengthy step x step of all my settings and what I did (on both our 2 phones on 2 separate PC's) . I created a sample “XXXX” Contact on my Phone and PC first as a TEST.

As I reviewed each step again for the 4th time pressing the Entire Contact List and again doing a Sync, MPE finally presented the "Confirmation for Sync" request to Delete the single XXXX Entry on the Phone, along with two other Entries that I did yesterday and were not removed.

So.. it appears there is a lag (sometimes…. Not all) that requires multiple Sync's before all are recognized. Of when some contacts are presented for Deletion.

After doing my phone, I went to my wife's phone and insured the same options were ticked. So far, no luck... it is not removing the Contacts that reside on the phone, but not in the contact lists of Outlook or MPE,

Any ideas what may be causing these delayed Sync’s and why Contacts fail to be presented for removal?

Thanks again for all your support!
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jul 01, 2023 22:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Maybe it has todo with the contact account you are using. Is it a Google account or a local contact account of the phone?

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
wizard99

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jul 02, 2023 15:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello FJ...

The "Local Account" originates from Outlook Pro Plus 2016 and its Contact List. MPE resides on this PC and pulls the list where "OUTLOOK" is chosen in the SYNC WITH Settings.

At his point I had her manually go through her Mobile and Delete all those Contacts (just a few) that she recognized as being skipped over and not auto deleting.

We're good at this point, and I would guess that if most people Delete a Contact in there Master Outlook File, they may not readily notice if its also been deleted in there Mobile successfully should it have an issue. It just happened we did a major clean up and we wondered why Sync had not worked for all Contacts deleted.

Thanks again for the great work you do as MPE makes life so much easier using our Mobiles.....
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jul 02, 2023 20:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ meant the cell phone contact account => MPE-Client => Einstellungen => Contact-accounts to sync

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
wizard99

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jul 02, 2023 21:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you icke for the clarification, though I have used MPE for many years I had never clicked on the Highlighted Text under both CONTACT and CALENDER, as I only have used the drop-down for each. Opening this for the first time, I found only "Phone" ticked off.... nothing else.

Thank you very much for adding to my understanding of MPE......

tschüss!
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.