FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Existing phone connection stopped working for no reason Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenDieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.
Autor Nachricht
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 28, 2023 10:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Your problem is related to the connection between MyPhoneExplorer and the phone. So its no problem that you do not have Office on the second PC. Please test on the second PC.

If the problem exists on both PCs and it does NOT exists with another phone on both PCs then it must have something to do with the phone. If it does work with another PC then the issue is related to the PC.

MyPhoneExplorer has enought logging options, also debug modes but those will not help, at least not at the current time. Follow my instructions and we will come forward to fix the issue. If you think that you have more experience and knowledge than me in fixing this problem - your phrases sound like this - then fix it without my help.

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 28, 2023 19:54 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I never said or implied anywhere that I know about your software more than you do, but as far as general software development or Windows or troubleshooting knowledge goes - I'll let you be the judge. I'm a principal software, hardware and networking/communications engineer with nearly quarter of a century of experience in my field, an engineering R&D team lead for a large company, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), internationally certified software security and identity management expert and certified Amazon Cloud (AWS) practitioner.

Therefore, even though there is no question you know about your own software a lot more than I do, and I appreciate your help - I would still hope my credentials carry some weight with you, and you won't just dismiss/ignore my ideas/suggestions just because you're the MPE creator. Quite frankly, saying just "follow my instructions" and dismissing any ideas but your own sounds a bit ignorant and condescending. I've always thought putting 2 brains together is better than one....

I will install MPE on another computer and try to add my phone, but I won't be attempting any kind of sync, even if I'm successful adding it. My concern is accidentally wiping out my phone's contacts using the sync, with no clear way to restore them, because MPE sync doesnt work on my primary PC, which is where my contacts reside.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 28, 2023 22:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Zitat:
My concern is accidentally wiping out my phone's contacts using the sync, with no clear way to restore them, because MPE sync doesnt work on my primary PC, which is where my contacts reside.

This will not happen. Just let the sync setting on "Only MyPhoneExplorer" then MyPhoneExplorer will delete nothing on your phone.

To get the phone logs - so that we see if MyPhoneExplorer Client gets any request - is a littlebit complicated and because of this i do regulary the other checks. But if you want you can try it - follow each step exactly:
- quit MyPhoneExplorer on the PC and on the phone
- run MyPhoneExplorer on the PC in debugmode (Win-Key+R->myphoneexplorer debug->OK)
- try to connect MyPhoneExplorer via USB-Cable
- after it failed open the datadirectory of MyPhoneExplorer ( %appdata%\MyPhoneExplorer )
- there should be 2 files: AndroidDebug.txt and Debug.txt - send both files to me via email

nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi März 29, 2023 03:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

There was no AndroidDebug.txt in %appdata%\MyPhoneExplorer folder, only Debug.txt and general.ini. Both files were emailed to you.

Also, the experiment of trying to add the phone via USB ended up in MPE getting stuck indefinitely (I waited 15 minutes) on this progress line: Image

I had to manually terminate the app and that didnt work well either - when I tried to close that progress bar using red cross in upper right corner - MPE went to "phone could not be identified" screen, when I closed that screen - it went back to the above screen again, and so on in a loop - I had to repeatedly close these MPE UI windows like 7 times, before they stayed closed.
nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 31, 2023 06:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

@FJ I tried temporarily disabling Windows Firewall, and all antivirus/protection software, 3rd party and Windows built-in protection - no change. At least I know it's not Windows that's blocking MPE.

Any updates from your end?
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 31, 2023 08:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

nocturnal hat Folgendes geschrieben:
There was no AndroidDebug.txt in %appdata%\MyPhoneExplorer folder...

In your screenshot I see that you did not start MPE in debug mode ('C:Program Files (x86)MyPhoneExplorerMyPhoneExplorer.exe' debug). The AndroidDebug.txt is only created in this mode!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 31, 2023 08:53 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

icke1954 hat Folgendes geschrieben:

In your screenshot I see that you did not start MPE in debug mode ('C:Program Files (x86)MyPhoneExplorerMyPhoneExplorer.exe' debug). The AndroidDebug.txt is only created in this mode!

Re-tested and emailed both files.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Apr 06, 2023 21:17 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Really strange logs. You made everything right but the client on the phone did not launch in debugging mode, so no relevant info in the AndroidDebug.txt. Please install the current beta of the client on the phone - tbhis is in debugging mode all the time: https://www.fjsoft.at/mpeclient.apk
Also install the current beta of MyPhoneExplorer on the PC. There were no changes in the connection management but its always better to have the same code base: https://www.fjsoft.at/files/MyPhoneExplorer_DebugUpdate.exe

The logs are also difffrent in the log of the 27th march the connectrion was etablished but MyPhoneExplorer was not able ti receive any data from the client. In the new logfile the connection channel could not be set up Rolling Eyes

When you open MyPhoneExplorer Client on the phone you see the WiFi IP of the phone. What happens when you send a ping-Command to the WiFi IP of the phone? Do you get answer?

nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 07, 2023 23:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

New debug logs emailed. Used both Windows and Android debug app versions in testing.

Here is the answer to your question:

C:\Users\<REDACTED>>ping 192.168.1.252

Pinging 192.168.1.252 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.252: bytes=32 time=96ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.252: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.252: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.252: bytes=32 time=7ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.252:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 7ms, Maximum = 96ms, Average = 36ms
nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 21, 2023 05:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I was forced to switch to using another sync software, because I needed to sync my contacts, and no solution here for a long time, but would still prefer if MPE worked properly, as a backup option.

Any update, or is this never getting resolved? I've collected and provided all the debug logs 2 weeks ago...

My personal opinion is that MPE code needs to be changed to NOT require phone device model inquiry to be successful, in order to establish connection. Chinese phones like Vivo, with built-in intrusive and overbearing Security app, can easily be blocking access to some internal functions, such as query for phone's model.

This limitation should be bypassed in MPE code.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 21, 2023 11:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Its not a limitation inside MyPhoneExplorer. According to the logfiles MyPhoneExplorer is able to open the communication channel to the phone and he is also able to send a request but he never gets a answer. The next steps would be to check the behaviour with another PC and if possible i another LAN.

nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Apr 21, 2023 14:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Another PC was already tried earlier, per your request. The result was the same. LAN has nothing to do with this, because this error described in the OP occurs using all 3 supported connection types: BT, WiFi and USB.
nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Mai 06, 2023 16:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I thought I'd give this thread one last shot and ask for an update, before I move off MPE permanently.
nocturnal

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 31, 2023 04:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just for the record - I saw there was July 14th latest MPE update. I installed it and tested the sync again - this update did NOT fix the issue. MPE still throws the same phone identification error. Tried all 3 connection methods again.
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 31, 2023 08:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

nocturnal hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Another PC was already tried earlier, per your request. The result was the same. LAN has nothing to do with this, because this error described in the OP occurs using all 3 supported connection types: BT, WiFi and USB.

If, for whatever reason, MPE doesn't have full access to your phone (what phone is that anyway?), it's going to be difficult.
Do you have a security app installed on your phone?

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Neues Thema eröffnenDieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.