FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Loading entries from Outlook failed Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
PaulMB

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jan 22, 2023 23:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I'm really struggling with MPE now. I have been using the MPE app for over ten years and it has been fine for almost all of that time. Since about September last year, 2022, when I try to multisync the phonebook, organizer and notes just display a failure message, "Loading entries from Outlook failed" (and sometimes something about a file structure). Whatever I try nothing seems to work. And I have searched this forum and tried everything suggested and done numerous Google searches, but nothing works. This is really strange as my Phone is the same one, S21 Ultra 5G, and my laptop, Asus Win 11, and my version of Outlook, 2007, on my laptop. It used to work but now it doesn't. I have tried deleting MPE on my phone and my laptop and tried reinstalling both, using both older, 1.8.15 and newer versions, 2.0. I just don't know how to fix this and it's really bugging me as the app is really useful. And I've also got multiple entries for contacts, 3 or 4 for each one, both in MPE on my laptop, in my phone. If it does sync on very rare occasions, then Outlook says it can't find the pst file to load Outlook on my laptop. HELP!
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 14, 2023 21:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Please post the logfile after the error message was shown.
Menu-File-Settings-Show logfile

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
PaulMB

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 18, 2023 23:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I don't know what you are asking for, Log File?

This is really frustrating as I have used MPE explorer for more than ten years and it has worked fine. Now it suddenly doesn't, (well for he past 6 months anyway), and I don't know why. It must be a simple answer surely. It's really frustrating as the product has worked well for me. No it can't do a simple thing like sync my phone and outlook. I really need this to work. There must be something simple I can do. I have tried all sort of sorts of ideas listed in this forum but nothing works, including deleting everything, loading older or new versions for MPE etc etc.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: So Feb 19, 2023 01:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Did anything change/get added last September? New/reconfigured hardware/software? Firewalls? Routers? Software update on the phone?

What method are you using to connect to the phone (BT, wifi, usb)? If wifi can you 'ping' the phone from your PC? Can you sync each item individually ( eg just calendar or contacts)? etc etc

FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: So Feb 19, 2023 15:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I need the logfile to identify the problem.
Directly after the error message was shown go to Menu -> File -> Settings -> Show logfile

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
PaulMB

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 20, 2023 22:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

There will have been numerous updates, Windows 11 on my laptop, Samsung updates to my Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, but I'm still using the same version of Outlook, Outlook 2007 SP3, which I think wont have been updated as MSoft have stopped supporting Office and Outlook of this vintage.

I'm using a USB cable to connect my phone to my laptop and always have. Haven't ever tried any other connection method.
PaulMB

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 20, 2023 22:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Don't know what has happened but tonight I tried to run MPE so I could record the log file as requested and it synchronised my phone to my laptop and seemingly my laptop to my phone.

However I now have 2 or 3 entries for each contact in MPE and my phone and multiple entries for many of the calendar holiday entries, Christmas, Boxing day etc . Also now my laptop cannot open Outlook, it reports it cannot find the PST file.

Going to restart my laptop now to see if it re-finds the PST file.
PaulMB

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 20, 2023 22:24 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Restarted my laptop and Outlook is now working. Tried a syncro with MPE and it showed the error messages again. I've recorded two log files, with syncro, without synchro. How do I send them to admin, they seem to be too large to PM you.
PaulMB

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 20, 2023 22:37 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Admin, found your email address, have sent you an email with the 2 log files
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.