FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Can't connect to phone in new location Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
healinghands33

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 18, 2022 03:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

I'm using MPE v.1.9.0 on my desktop computer and v.2.6 on my Samsung M31 phone. I recently relocated from my old location, where MPE connected just fine, to a new location and Wi-Fi network. Now whenever I try to connect and sync MPE from my desktop to the phone, I get a message that says that "a connection could not be established. Failed to obtain the IP address of the phone."

I have tried changing the Settings/Connection "Connect Via" from "WiFi" to "Fixed IP_Address" and also to "Autodetect," but in each case, when I try to connect, I get a message that says, "Connection to phone could not be established. Phone could no be identified." When I reset "Connect Via" to "WiFi" again, I again get the first message ("Failed to obtain the IP address").

I'm stuck, as I can't sync or use MPE on my phone and I don't know how to fix this problem. I'd really appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 18, 2022 12:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Find the ip address of the phone then try to 'ping' it from your pc. If that doesn't work then you have network issues. Internet search for 'ping' if you don't know how to use it ......

healinghands33

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jul 19, 2022 03:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for your reply and your suggestion. I pinged the phone and got: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss). I can load web pages and stream content on my phone with no problem, so I'm unsure what the problem is.

In case it is relevant, I'm on a WiFi network connection that I've marked as Public, since others can get onto this WiFi as well. Also, I checked the WiFi network connection details which read as follows:
IP settings: DHCP
Proxy: None
Metered Network: Detect automatically
MAC address type: Randomised MAC

If you or anyone can give me any ideas as to where to go from here, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks again.
healinghands33

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jul 19, 2022 05:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

After posting my previous reply, I opened the Windows cmd.exe window and ran tracert on my phone's IP address. It showed the first 5 hops just fine, then failed on hops 6-30.

Also, I should have mentioned two other possibly relevant points as well. First, about the time I arrived at this new location and new WiFi network, my phone updated to Android 12, but I don't know whether or not such a change would now keep MPE from recognizing the phone.

Second, I was having some problems connecting to the Internet from my phone at this new location, so the tech support at my ISP had me go into my phone Settings/General Management and "Reset network connections" to solve the network access problem..

Is it possible that either the update to Android 12 or the "Reset network connections" changed a setting so that it's now keeping the desktop MPE from recognizing the phone? If so, any clues or suggestions as to what to try would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jul 22, 2022 09:08 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

healinghands33 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Thanks for your reply and your suggestion. I pinged the phone and got: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss). I can load web pages and stream content on my phone with no problem, so I'm unsure what the problem is. ....

Seems both pc and phone are connected to the internet but they cannot see each other. If your network setup doesn't allow the devices to be able to communicate on the 'ping' level then they'll never be able to use mpe. You need to check your network setup to figure out why this is so.

healinghands33

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jul 24, 2022 05:00 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for your post. I've done as you suggested and researched the WiFi setup at this new location, which is a bit like a small hotel. Apparently, there is some setting on the Guest WiFi channel I'm using which prohibits certain kinds of communication, so I'm guessing that it is that setting (whatever it may be) which is preventing WiFi access for MPE.

I've finally sorted out getting Developer Options and USB Debugging set up within Android 12 on my recently updated phone, so at last I've finally been able to Sync MPE via USB. It's nowhere near as convenient as updating by WiFi, but at least I can now Sync and use MPE again, which is a huge relief, as it's an excellent program. I won't be at this location in the long term, so I'll eventually get back to a standard WiFi setup where I can Sync by WiFi again.

Thanks again for your helpful responses. I really appreciate it.
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 25, 2022 13:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

healinghands33 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
...there is some setting on the Guest WiFi channel...
MPE does not work over the Guest WiFi channel.

Mobile phone + PC must be in the same subnet: 192.168.AAA must be identical in the IP addresses (e.g. 192.168.2.100 / 192.168.2.21)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
healinghands33

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jul 27, 2022 23:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

icke1954 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
[quote=MPE does not work over the Guest WiFi channel.

Mobile phone + PC must be in the same subnet: 192.168.AAA must be identical in the IP addresses (e.g. 192.168.2.100 / 192.168.2.21)

Many thanks for your helpful explanation. That answers my question precisely.

Cheers.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.