FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Calendar Sync Thunderbird -> Android Fails If Odd Repeats Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
gtalbott

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 17, 2022 19:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Calendar sync from Thunderbird fails if recurring event is defined as monthly with several days in each month. Attempting to sync results in popup error message (Big Red X) "Loading entries from Thunderbird failed!"

Thunderbird 91
MPE 1.9.0
Windows 10
Android 11
Phone Samsung A11 and s5e

When I define an event in Thunderbird Calendar, select Custom repeat, select Monthly, and then select 3 different days from the month display that pops up, save the event, then try to sync to either of my Android devices, the sync starts but then the above error pops up.

Interesting Experiment:

Define event in Thunderbird, select custom repeat, select monthly, select 1 date. Sync OK, event appears in Android calender

Edit event in Thunderbird, get to the custom screen and select a 2nd day. (Second day events appear in Thunderbird) Sync runs, but 2nd day does not propagate through to MPE or Android. No confirmation request in MPE.

Edit event in Thunderbird, select a third day. Sync error pops up (as above) and sync aborts.

Workaround, define 3 different events, one for each day of the month I want.

I hope there is enough detail here to fix this problem.

I am a long time MPE user, and have never had complete success syncing multiple day events per month in Outlook, but never took the time to drill down on it. Now that I've switched to Thunderbird I was able to collect some data on the problem.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
loyukfai

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 20, 2022 11:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Am seeing another issue with regard to TB recurring event:

https://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35543

It seems MPE's handling of TB calendar is comparatively inadequate than that of Outlook.

Cheers.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.