FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Google "Family" calendar not available to sync in Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
raichea

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Nov 29, 2021 12:46 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I finally convinced my wife to start using an electronic calendar (Google) and we've enabled things so we can see each other's schedule and she's now sold on the idea. Some events are joint, of course, and so I've now set up a Family group so that we don't both end up putting an entry in for the same event in our own calendars.

MPE happily syncs my own and my wife's events - after enabling her calendar to sync in MPE's settings, of course. When I tried to add the Family calendar to the sync settings, I found that it simply doesn't appear in the list available in MPE. The Family calendar appears as a separate calendar in the Google calendar web page and on my phone but there's no sign of it in MPE.

Is this a known limitation? I searched the forum to see if anyone else had run into this but didn't find anything obviously relevant.

Many thanks.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
raichea

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Nov 29, 2021 18:40 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just wanted to add that I thought I'd be able to work around this if it is a limitation, but as my wife has been adding joint events to the Family calendar, they are (of course) not synced to MPE, which means that I can't depend on the calendar view in it. The joint items do appear on my phone, as expected.

As a consequence, this will mean I won't be able to make use of MPE's calendar moving forwards, which is a great pity, as it's been very useful.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 30, 2021 09:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

On the PC open MPE and check : File > Settings > Sync > Events and Tasks - Advanced. Ensure the correct calendars are selected together with the range of events you want to sync. Also in which directions you wish to sync.

On the phone: MPE > Settings > Calendars to sync -> check that you are syncing the calendar you wish to view. Also check 'Add new events to' for the same reason.

Any help or even just a pointer to the issue?

raichea

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 30, 2021 16:21 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for the input - the problem was that the Family calendar didn't appear in the list of available calendars in MPE.

That said, I took another look today and it does now appear in the list and syncing works as expected. For some reason, MPE took a while to recognise the new calendar.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.