FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Using Wi-Fi Multi-Sync on a Metered Connection Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Nika

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 19, 2021 11:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,
I have a limited monthly data subscription.
I thought that MPE Wi-Fi sync is internal, over router, and has nothing to do with external data usage.
However - when I transfer files by MPE Multi-sync, my data provider regularly notes the transferred megas/gigas and subtract from my remaining quota.
Is it even possible?
How can he detect my "internal" data transfer?
Or have I got it wrong - the MPE data sync does go trough some external servers?
Thanks,
Cheers

P.s. - thank you for this wonderful program(s). There is so much potential, I am just trying to find out how much it can do...
p.p.s. - I did try to use the search option on this forum, but the common words used for search gives so much results that do not have anything to do with my question that I finally gave up...
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 19, 2021 12:32 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

First of all, don´t worry. The MPE uses WiFi but this not the WiFi you have to pay for.
Unfortunately your provider can not differ between the use of WiFi. So you´´ll have to live with incorrect displayed data.

I have the same with my provider. Spotify is free of charge for the data but still being counted.

This is nothing the MPE can change.

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Nov 22, 2021 21:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Koelner hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I have the same with my provider. Spotify is free of charge for the data but still being counted.
I am not sure whether this answer really answers to original question.
If an internet provider excludes some traffic from the quota billed for, his tools, an account page or something like that should detail that.

A monitor in the router will probably not be able to split that traffic off.

Nika hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I have a limited monthly data subscription.
What data subscription does this mean ?
It could refer to the internet traffic the router routes between the local network and the internet, icluding the traffic caused by the phone which goes to the internet instead of another local network device such as the PC. Or the internet traffic of the phone via the mobile phone connection.
Traffic between the phone by the PC will count in the wifi data usage of the phone but this is nothing any of the data provides should see.

If all synchronisation traffic would go via the internet, I would see that traffic on the router display for in and outbound traffic and/or the data usage for mobile internet.

For the second way, my very limited monthly data subscription would get exhausted every month. But so far, I do not see unexpected data transfer initiated by MPE.

Nika hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I thought that MPE Wi-Fi sync is internal, over router, and has nothing to do with external data usage.
Yes.
If you observe something else, this could be a misinterpretation of the data transfer indicated by the phone and/or by the router or if not, you might really have a seriuos routing problem.
Check your router settings or for third party software which might unintentionally send you data elsewhere. Using a cloud drive could be only one possible reason.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.