FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 USB connection Issue Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Alan_T

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 06, 2021 16:23 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

I am looking to use MyPhoneExplorer to make space on my phone (Samsung S4 running Android) by saving about 7 years of text messages that it contains - but saved on my PC in a way that I can still refer to them individually.

The dopey utilities provided by Samsung only seem to allow image backups which is not what I need, but this utility looks like it would enable me to do this job. However, I can't seem to get the phone connected to MyPhoneExplorer.

The system knows my phone is connected via USB and I can see files and folders in the normal Windows explorer. However, MyPhoneExplorer will not connect. It says I should look at the security message on the phone, but there is no message.

"Connection to the phone could not be estblished: Access Denied! Please confirm the security message on your phone"

It;s deifnitely looking at the right USB because if I disconnect the phone and try again I get "No Device attached to USB"

I have been through the help and followed all the instructions (debug mode on and all that) but still it will not connect.

So:

PC is running Windows 10 - fully up to date,
USB is USB2 (using full function power+data cable).

Phone is Samsung S4 running Android 5.0.1 (patch 2016-11-01 Kernel 3.4.0-5978264)

I have tried connecting via WiFi using the phone's IP address - but again it just tries to connect but never completes.

I suspect that it may be that my Android version is too old, but that's part of why I want to free up space - to be able to apply upgrades which the phone does not have space for at the moment!

It would be nice to uninstall some of the apps that came with the phone that I have never used but they seem not to appear on the "installed apps" menu of the phone. So if this is a space issue looks like I am stuck?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: So Nov 07, 2021 10:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Silly question maybe BUT have you got MPE installed on the phone? And is it running when you try to connect? I use wifi personally as USB can be a bit "problamatic" when you have to take usb drivers into account ....

Alan_T

BeitragVerfasst am: So Nov 07, 2021 12:18 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

[quote="dvhttn"]Silly question maybe BUT have you got MPE installed on the phone? And is it running when you try to connect? I use wifi personally as USB can be a bit "problamatic" when you have to take usb drivers into account ....[/quote]

Yep runnning the client on the phone but it does nothing, no messages.
In thw log file on the PC side I have this

Unknown devices: <unknown device>, CSR GAIA™

So yeah some kind of USB issue.

However... after double checking the IP route I discovered that the IP address had actually changed (I think our router restarted for some reason) and the DHCP allocated address had changed. So tried that again and it works. So all okay for now!

Many thanks Dave
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: So Nov 07, 2021 17:20 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Alan_T hat Folgendes geschrieben:
However... after double checking the IP route I discovered that the IP address had actually changed (I think our router restarted for some reason) and the DHCP allocated address had changed. So tried that again and it works. So all okay for now! .....

Glad you're working now. Just to say that one way to almost always ensure you connect is to allocate an ip address to your phone if your router allows. Mine lets me use dhcp BUT as a sub-set of that allow me to allocate a specific ip to a particular mac address.

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.