FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Strange date bug Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Giangi

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 03, 2020 14:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Robes Paul hat Folgendes geschrieben:
but it is the same (GMT+1) on both devices.

...then you need to wait an answer from FJ...

Aixois

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 03, 2020 17:44 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

geobear hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Hi everyone,

First, the basics:
I use Outlook 2003, and am using MyPhoneExplorer to sync with my android phone.
I live in the United States (Central Time Zone)
I have the latest version of both the desktop (1.8.9) and phone app (1.0.47) of MyPhoneExplorer.

I've been using Outlook as my primary tool and just using my phone calendar & contacts in a pinch when I'm away from my desk. However, I'm currently trying to see if I can gradually transition myself into relying more on my phone/Google. This means that an existing bug that I've been ignoring has suddenly become more important, and I've finally created an account here on the forum so I can to ask about it.

I have a friend whose date of birth is October 28, 1974. That's how his birthday is saved in my Outlook contacts, and where it shows up as a repeating all-day calendar entry. However, when I sync with MyPhoneExplorer, it always syncs both the contact's birthday attribute and the calendar event as October 27. The MyPhoneExplorer desktop shows the same dates as my phone, so I'm assuming it's not an Android issue.

I have another friend whose date of birth is November 7, 1943. And again, that's how it shows up in Outlook. But when I sync, my phone shows the contact's birthday as November 6, and the calendar event for this year is showing up as a TWO day event from November 6-November 7. Again, the MyPhoneExplorer desktop shows the same dates as my phone.

I may have missed something, but other birthdays and all-day events seem to be syncing accurately....what on earth is wrong with these two? I'm assuming they're related to the same bug, but I suppose it could be two or more different issues that just show up similarly.

I always had issues with synchronization of birthday dates since the 1st day I used MPE.

But only when I travel with both my phone and my netbook to another time zone.

For example, the birthday, instead of beeing at midnight is 6 hours earlier. When travelling back home it may stay at that time (6 hours earlier) and sometimes I get a double entry.

Robes Paul

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 01, 2020 19:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I think the problem I have is linked to the transition summer time / winter time, for full-day events (and perhaps events starting at 00:00)
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Aixois

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 01, 2020 20:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Robes Paul hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I think the problem I have is linked to the transition summer time / winter time, for full-day events (and perhaps events starting at 00:00)

I never have this problem with transition summer time / winter time.

I always have it when I travel and change time zone. With full day events but also sometimes with short time events, in that case it creates double events in my calendar

When I travel for less than 2 or 3 weeks, I try not to synchronize my phone with my notebook beause I know I will have problems when I am back home.

But I often stay several months abroad with 5 or 6 hours time lag and in that case I have to use synchronization, knowing it will be a mess when I am back

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.