FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Strange date bug Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
geobear

BeitragVerfasst am: So Sep 02, 2018 00:03 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi everyone,

First, the basics:
I use Outlook 2003, and am using MyPhoneExplorer to sync with my android phone.
I live in the United States (Central Time Zone)
I have the latest version of both the desktop (1.8.9) and phone app (1.0.47) of MyPhoneExplorer.

I've been using Outlook as my primary tool and just using my phone calendar & contacts in a pinch when I'm away from my desk. However, I'm currently trying to see if I can gradually transition myself into relying more on my phone/Google. This means that an existing bug that I've been ignoring has suddenly become more important, and I've finally created an account here on the forum so I can to ask about it.

I have a friend whose date of birth is October 28, 1974. That's how his birthday is saved in my Outlook contacts, and where it shows up as a repeating all-day calendar entry. However, when I sync with MyPhoneExplorer, it always syncs both the contact's birthday attribute and the calendar event as October 27. The MyPhoneExplorer desktop shows the same dates as my phone, so I'm assuming it's not an Android issue.

I have another friend whose date of birth is November 7, 1943. And again, that's how it shows up in Outlook. But when I sync, my phone shows the contact's birthday as November 6, and the calendar event for this year is showing up as a TWO day event from November 6-November 7. Again, the MyPhoneExplorer desktop shows the same dates as my phone.

I may have missed something, but other birthdays and all-day events seem to be syncing accurately....what on earth is wrong with these two? I'm assuming they're related to the same bug, but I suppose it could be two or more different issues that just show up similarly.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
RachelRUK

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 05, 2018 07:50 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

On Outlook, are you sure that the rogue birthdays are defined as "All day events"? I seem to recall that I once had similar problems when start and end times were defined for what was an all day event.
geobear

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Sep 10, 2018 17:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Yes, I'm sure they're marked as all day events. I'd drop in a screenshot if forums didn't make it so complicated to add screenshots Rolling Eyes Wink
RachelRUK

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Sep 10, 2018 19:01 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Plucking at straws here but are the two contacts in a different time zone from yourself?
geobear

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Sep 10, 2018 20:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Ummm...I don't think Outlook contacts have time zones.

I am wondering, though, if this might have anything to do with the USA's change to Daylight Savings Time in 2007. I just tried creating 3 dummy events in Outlook. All 3 are all day events and recur annually on October 28. I started one in 2003. Since this was before the DST change, October 28 was not in DST that year, but is now (DST would have ended on the 26th in 2003). I started the other in 2008. Since this was after the change, October 28 was still in DST. After a sync, the 2003 event showed up on my phone on the 27th, but the 2008 event shows up correctly on the 28th. Then I created the 3rd event for the same day, but starting in 2005. That was before the DST change, but since DST wouldn't have ended that year until the 30th, it was in DST both then and now. After a sync, that one also shows up correctly on the 28th.
RachelRUK

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Sep 10, 2018 21:10 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I must admit that I've never realised that you could set birthdays for a Contact. I've always done it as an annual recurrence in Calendar.
geobear

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Okt 27, 2020 06:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

[quote="RachelRUK"]I must admit that I've never realised that you could set birthdays for a Contact. I've always done it as an annual recurrence in Calendar.[/quote]

At least in Outlook 2003 you can. Then Outlook creates the annual recurring event in the calendar for you.
geobear

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Okt 27, 2020 06:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

By the way, I just upgraded to the latest version (1.8.15) and this is still an issue, and I think it almost HAS to be related to the USA's Daylight Savings Time schedule change in 2007.

All day recurring events that began between the last Sunday in October and the first Sunday in November prior to 2007 don't sync correctly.

Here's a reproducible example:
There are 3 calendars involved here: Outlook 2003, MPE, and Google/phone. I can go into any of those 3 calendars, and if I create an all day event on Oct 28, 1974 that's recurring every year, this year's event will display just fine on the correct day. But if I try to sync the Outlook event to the Google/phone calendar, it will display in MPE's calendar and then on my phone on October 27.
Robes Paul

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 29, 2020 14:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello.
I Have the same problem of one day difference between events registered in Thunderbrid and on Android Smartphone (Often with recurring events, but not always).

It happened for the first time some days ago. The summer time in France was changed to winter time on last sunday. May it be tne reason ?
Very disturbing bug !

Example : the first name one of my contacts is Jean, and in the Contacts (both Thunderbird and phone), his "Fête" is set at June 24th. In Thunderbird calendar, the right day is displayed, but on the phone calendar, it is displayed as June 23rd ; and it is impossible to modify it..

Another example : non-recurring event : one-day event, May 8th, "Férié" ; appears as May 8th in Thunderbird, but May 7th in phone calendar.
Robes Paul

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 29, 2020 14:58 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Following the posting of the previous reply, I noticed the date in the MPE Calendar for Jean's Fête was June 23rd.

I Change it in MPE Calendar to 24th, and after a Sync, the right date was displayed both in Thunderbird Calendar and in Android phone calendar.

Apparently, the date declared as "Fête" in the phone Contacts Application, June 24th, was created as June 23rd in the MPE calendar, and as a consequence as 23rd also in the phone calendar, but stayed as 24th in the Contacts application on the phone, and in Thunderbird...

All these problems appeared only a few days ago, while before that everything was all right.

Hope this may help.
Robes Paul

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 29, 2020 15:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

... and after another sync, I find again 24th in Thunderbird and 23rd on the phone Sad
Robes Paul

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Okt 30, 2020 10:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Today : october 30th, 2020

Hello.

I create a new event, full day event, for October 14th 2020, on the Thunderbird Calendar. It is a single event (not a recurrent one), past event.

I launch a synchronization. MyPhoneExplorer displays the event on October 13th, and after the synchronization, the event appears on October 13th on my phone calendar.

But the event is still on October 14th 2020 in Thunderbird.

Strange is not it ?

The same things happen if I create a new event on October 14th, 2021 : future event instead of past event.

Very perturbing. Has anyone a hint of solution ?

------

Thunderbird on PC operated by Windows 10
Phone : Samsung Galaxy S7, Android version 8.0.0, Samsung experience 9.0
MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.15
Robes Paul

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Okt 30, 2020 11:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello. I go on with the problem.

I create a new past event (full day) on October 14th 2020 on my Android Phone.
Synchronization 1 => Event on October 14th 2020 also in Thunderbird
Synchronization 2 => Event on October 13th 2020 on the phone, stays on October 14th in Thunderbird

Idem for a full day future event on October 14th 2021.

It looks like the problem is when MPE reads the date in Thunderbird.

Now, the same but with a one hour event 10:30-11:30 on October 14th,2020. The synchronizations are correct, the dates in both Thunderbird and Android phone stay the same. Idem for a future event.

It looks like the problem appears only with Full-Day events.

Hope this will help.
Giangi

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 03, 2020 13:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Be sure to have the SAME time zone on phone and pc

Robes Paul

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 03, 2020 13:51 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello Giangi.
Thanks for the advice, but it is the same (GMT+1) on both devices.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.