FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Messages in archive all gone after 1.8.13 update Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
alex_ncfc

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 24, 2020 18:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Since I updated MPE to 1.8.13 a few days ago, I have only just noticed that all the messages in the "Archive" section for every user account have completely gone.

A bug surely? Any way I can get them back?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
avenmore

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 26, 2020 10:25 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Same here. Years of archive gone!!! Help!
jemijona

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 04, 2020 09:40 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Archive for my current phone has disappeared from the archive folder but they all seem to be there in the sent and inbox folders.

For my other phones, which I haven't connected yet, archived messages are still in the archive folders.
JoachimS

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 04, 2020 10:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

jemijona hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Archive for my current phone has disappeared from the archive folder but they all seem to be there in the sent and inbox folders.

For my other phones, which I haven't connected yet, archived messages are still in the archive folders.

FJ (the developer of MPE) has corrected this bug and provides an update for MPE. You can find a link here: https://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32500&start=15

Regards
Joachim
alex_ncfc

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Apr 06, 2020 21:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

JoachimS hat Folgendes geschrieben:
jemijona hat Folgendes geschrieben:

FJ (the developer of MPE) has corrected this bug and provides an update for MPE. You can find a link here: https://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32500&start=15

Regards
Joachim

Thank you for the update JoachimS.

What do I need to do with the program the link points to, is it an installer that will update my current install?
JoachimS

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 07, 2020 09:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

alex_ncfc hat Folgendes geschrieben:

What do I need to do with the program the link points to, is it an installer that will update my current install?

Yes. Executing the linked exe-file will update version 1.8.13 of MPE. If you have version 1.8.13 already installed, you only need to run the downloaded update-exe.

Edit:
Just after submitting this post I saw that FJ provides a new version 1.8.14 which includes corrections. You can find the new version here:
https://www.fjsoft.at/de/
alex_ncfc

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 08, 2020 13:06 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

JoachimS hat Folgendes geschrieben:
alex_ncfc hat Folgendes geschrieben:

Yes. Executing the linked exe-file will update version 1.8.13 of MPE. If you have version 1.8.13 already installed, you only need to run the downloaded update-exe.

Edit:
Just after submitting this post I saw that FJ provides a new version 1.8.14 which includes corrections. You can find the new version here:
https://www.fjsoft.at/de/

Thanks for letting me know! 👍🏼
clearsky

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Apr 11, 2020 00:08 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I've spend days trying to find and combine all my old archives and I've just archived some MMS messages which crashed the program when I selected the archive.

On reopening all that is in the archive are the MMS messages. I now have to start that process again and I will have to manually check if all the messages are there. I will be mortified if I have lost messages. I'm losing confidence in this. Sad

I'm on 1.8.14 with the latest Android app.

Crying or Very sad
alex_ncfc

BeitragVerfasst am: So Apr 12, 2020 15:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

clearsky hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I've spend days trying to find and combine all my old archives and I've just archived some MMS messages which crashed the program when I selected the archive.

On reopening all that is in the archive are the MMS messages. I now have to start that process again and I will have to manually check if all the messages are there. I will be mortified if I have lost messages. I'm losing confidence in this. Sad

I'm on 1.8.14 with the latest Android app.

Crying or Very sad

Just had the exact same thing happen and I actually HAVE lost messages because I was having a tidy up of my text messages on phone - first I was copying them to the archive on MPE on my PC, and then deleting them from my phone.

When I went into the archive on my PC, the MPE app completely crapped out and disappeared. On restarting the app, there is now nothing in my archive apart from 2 of the last messages I copied across.

I don't think I'll be using this anymore. This program has become far too unstable.
clearsky

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Apr 13, 2020 11:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

That's a nightmare Alex, sorry.

I hope FJ gets round to reading these and sorting out the problem. Think it might be time for this to go open source to be honest; one person can't keep something like this going indefinately.

I managed to get my messages back from various scrappy backups I've done over the last seven years, but even that involved me having to role back to version x.12 to restore from the old SMS*.dat format files to back up. I'd lost confidence that the upgrade from .12 to .14 was causing problems so I then wiped everything to install .14 before restoring various backups. I was up until 4am to sort it out.

However, now that I've backed everything up properly I can't get rid of the seven years of messages from the archive because I can only select about a month at a time to delete from MPE. Anything more than a month or two and it crashes and the messages deleted in that session are back! So it's going to mean that I either delete a batch and restart each time or just delete the archive messages file to clear the lot.

I want to clear them to a reasonable amount so that it doesn't take ages to start the app.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.