FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Sync contacts, sms, etc. Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
dogbiscuit

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 26, 2020 18:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi Folks,

I'm new to MPE and so far love it. I have managed to sync the internal storage on my Samsung S6 to my PC. However, I also want to sync contacts, sms, and apps if possible, but can't figure out how to do this. Am I missing something? Ideally would like it set up so that it does it all in one function.

Thanks!
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
chui

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 27, 2020 13:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Welcome to MPE and the forum.
I too had a problem some months ago but it took 2 bumps of my post to a response so I don't think there are that many active English members, hence no one has rushed to answer your quiery.
I have my MPE set up on my laptop {win 10} and phone {Andriod 9} and use it to sync conacts & diary {Thunderbird} and sms plus copy photos from phone to laptop. MPE installs an add-on in Thunderbird to enable this.
To set this up you need to go into file - settings - sync and select the cotacts and diary option from the dropdown list {in my case thunderbird listed, but I believe you can also use outlook and others}. Under Advanced you can select to sync either way or both. There are additional options under multi-sync and advanvced 1, and under Advanced 2 photo copy can be set up.
Be carefull in deciding which way to allow sync as if you get the setup wrong you could wipe your contacts/diary. Once you are certain all is correctly set both way sync works well. If you use Thunderbird see my post on "unable to load Thunderbird" if you have problems.
Once setup go to extras - Multisync to initiate syncing.
Hope this helps.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
dogbiscuit

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 27, 2020 23:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for the reply Chui.

I've never used Thunderbird and to be honest don't really know what it is! I was hoping that there would be a setting in MPE that would include contacts etc in the sync. I'm not bothered about email contacts, just phone ones.
dogbiscuit

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 31, 2020 15:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I think there must be something I'm overlooking. MPE is configured to sync phonebook as well as photos and files. It copies the photos and files but doesn't appear to be copying phonebook to my PC. The phonebook and my sms messages are displayed within MPE but I can't see them copied anywhere after sync.
dogbiscuit

BeitragVerfasst am: So Apr 05, 2020 14:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Can anybody tell me where the phonebook and sms's are stored? I can't see them anywhere on my PC after a multi-sync.
JoachimS

BeitragVerfasst am: So Apr 05, 2020 15:29 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

dogbiscuit hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Can anybody tell me where the phonebook and sms's are stored? I can't see them anywhere on my PC after a multi-sync.

@dogbiscuit,
Both are stored into an internal database of MPE. You can find it as file Phonebook.dat and Messages.dat. The location of the database files is as it is defined in MPE settings (File --> settings --> Advanced 2)

Joachim
dogbiscuit

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 07, 2020 21:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

JoachimS hat Folgendes geschrieben:

@dogbiscuit,
Both are stored into an internal database of MPE. You can find it as file Phonebook.dat and Messages.dat. The location of the database files is as it is defined in MPE settings (File --> settings --> Advanced 2)

Joachim

Ah thanks so much for clearing that up for me Smile I can see them now.

I have one more question, regarding photos. I have MPE configured to put my entire gallery in a folder in my documents on my PC. However it also replicates my camera folder and puts it in my pictures (on my PC). I have a vague recollection of selecting this folder when I set up MPE when prompted. However it seems an unnecessary waste of hard drive to have this folder. I'm happy for everything just to be in the one place in my documents. Is there a way to get rid of that additional camera folder?
JoachimS

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 07, 2020 22:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have one more question, regarding photos. I have MPE configured to put my entire gallery in a folder in my documents on my PC. However it also replicates my camera folder and puts it in my pictures (on my PC). I have a vague recollection of selecting this folder when I set up MPE when prompted. However it seems an unnecessary waste of hard drive to have this folder. I'm happy for everything just to be in the one place in my documents. Is there a way to get rid of that additional camera folder?

If I understand what you mean you configured a job to sync files from your gallery to a folder in your documents on PC. And you selected this job to be executed when running Multi-sync by setting it up in settings-->Multi-sync-->sync files.

Furthermore if you selected "sync photos" in settings-->Multi-sync-->sync photos the photos in the standard Android photo path (i.e. DCIM/Camera) are copied to PC when you run Multi-sync. The destination folder for this task is set in settings-->Advanced 2-->Folder for photo-sync.

If it ist right what I described, you can deselect "sync photos" to prevent copying the photos from standard Android photo folder to your PC.

If I didn't understand your problem or my suggestion doesn't work for you I hope there is another one who can help you.
dogbiscuit

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Apr 07, 2020 23:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

If I understand what you mean you configured a job to sync files from your gallery to a folder in your documents on PC. And you selected this job to be executed when running Multi-sync by setting it up in settings-->Multi-sync-->sync files.

Furthermore if you selected "sync photos" in settings-->Multi-sync-->sync photos the photos in the standard Android photo path (i.e. DCIM/Camera) are copied to PC when you run Multi-sync. The destination folder for this task is set in settings-->Advanced 2-->Folder for photo-sync.

If it ist right what I described, you can deselect "sync photos" to prevent copying the photos from standard Android photo folder to your PC.

If I didn't understand your problem or my suggestion doesn't work for you I hope there is another one who can help you.

Yes that's exactly right, thank you.
So if I uncheck 'sync photos' it will stop DCIM/Camera being synced to the folder for photo-sync (My Pictures), but will still back up all of my gallery folders to My Documents during multi-sync? This is my ideal scenario.
JoachimS

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Apr 08, 2020 08:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

So if I uncheck 'sync photos' it will stop DCIM/Camera being synced to the folder for photo-sync (My Pictures), but will still back up all of my gallery folders to My Documents during multi-sync? This is my ideal scenario.

Yes, it will backup your gallery folders during Multi-sync if you have such a sync-job defined for that and have the sync-files checkbox marked. Try it and you will see it.
dogbiscuit

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Apr 09, 2020 16:07 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Yes, it will backup your gallery folders during Multi-sync if you have such a sync-job defined for that and have the sync-files checkbox marked. Try it and you will see it.

Yes! This is all set up how I want it now. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to accidentally delete anything both ways. Thank you so much for your help. Very Happy
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.