FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Why doesn't MPE just display connections in the Data folder Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Padua

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Feb 27, 2020 07:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello,

Needed to reinstall MPE but had a backup of all the folders that had the phones' data in them (not the MPE settings). After reinstall - even after pointing to the directory containing the folders with all the phone data folders - MPE does not pick up and show the previous connections. Requires reconnecting each and every previous connection and then a backup.

The process to backup to a new phone from an existing MPE data is too cumbersome.

Overall ok program. Thanks to the dev.

Will be happy to pay for the software if the above two are fixed. Thanks again.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Feb 27, 2020 10:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I´m sorry but this makes no sense to me.
What exactly is happening? Can you please describe in more detail what you did and what you were trying to do?

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 01, 2020 16:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Scenario: New phone

The old phone was regularly sync'd with MPE on the desktop and all data was in the MPE database (not internal sync database).

Call log, calendars (one Google and a few local), contacts (using MPE offline contacts), SMS', Customized file sync (with about 10 entries) etc. were all sync'd

New phone connection is created.

* It would be a very welcome and simple feature to have a 'transfer all data to new phone' option and point to an existing connection to transfer from.

* Even when the .dat files from the previous phone are manually moved to the new phone connection database the sync option does not pick up – for loading onto the phone - local calendars, customized file sync entries (multi sync), sometimes there are duplicate entries in the online – Google - calendar as well. Notes seem to sync correctly by updating the phone with Notes from the MPE database.

Scenario 2: Fresh MPE installation

When for some reason MPE needs to be reinstalled even when the location of the database is updated in the Settings, Advanced2 MPE does not pick up the connections. All connections need to be re-created.

* It would be a very welcome and simple feature to have MPE jst pick up all the connections upon being pointed to a folder with the databases. (sort of like the Calibre ebook software just picking up all content upon being pointed to the location of the library)

* Additional welcome feature would be to have an MPE call log app on the phone – just the MPE Notes app on the phone.

Sorry about the long post.
Thank you for considering.
Padua

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 01, 2020 16:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Koelner hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I´m sorry but this makes no sense to me.
What exactly is happening? Can you please describe in more detail what you did and what you were trying to do?

Sorry, upon re-reading my original post, can see that it was indeed a bit too brief! Have posted a full length version of it.

Thank you for your response.
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 03, 2020 14:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Padua hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Scenario: New phone

I´m sorry but this wont work properly.
Each device is recognized by the MPE through its IMEI. And because on each phone the paths to data can be different there is now easy way of creating that without more trouble to the majority of users.

For data transfer between different devices I recomend using a third-party-app like outlook.

Padua hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Scenario 2: Fresh MPE installation

It´s almost the same here. The way MPE was created over the years this would cause much trouble to many users.

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.