FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Can't connect to phone Android 10 Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
cnits

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Sep 05, 2019 16:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

After upgrading to Andriod 10 on Pixel I can't connect to the phone over wifi.

The error is: "It was not possible to connect to Pixel. Would you like to connect instead to Pixel [CBD.......1109]?

Prior to the Android 10 upgrade, MyPhoneExplorer worked fine.

MyPhoneExplorer Client version 1.0.67
MyPhoneExplorer desktop is 1.8.12

Client reports wifi is active with IP and PIN password.
All requested permissions are "on" for client.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
RayParker

BeitragVerfasst am: So Sep 08, 2019 05:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I am seeing the same issue, and using the same client and desktop versions. Specifically, the message was this:

It was not possible to connect to userprofile, would you like to connect instead to Google Pixel 2 XL [1505A59BD1496F86]?

I found the device name had been reset to the default string of Google Pixel 2 XL during the upgrade process. Changing the device name back to the string that matches my user profile has had no impact on this issue. Further looking around found no reference to the (apparently) hex string value that shows up in the prompt: it's not any property value that I can find on the phone.

Obviously, I would prefer not to have to create a new profile and reboot the sync process.

Thank you.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von RayParker am Di Sep 10, 2019 16:34, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
cnits

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Sep 09, 2019 15:41 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

The folder containing files relating to the value referenced in the dialogue prompt can be found in %AppData%\Roaming\MyPhoneExplorer

After unsuccessfully searching through the debug.txt for any clues on how MyPhoneExplorer uniquely identifies the phone, I gave up and created a new profile.
RayParker

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 10, 2019 16:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

With no response forthcoming, I have now taken more than an hour of my time to create a new profile and cleanup the issues that remained (Sync and Multi-Sync settings, duplicated calendar entries, missing SMS Text archive data, etc.).

That time may not seem significant, but consider these questions:

1.) What else might have been lost, simply because I did not think to validate it?

2.) How many more person-hours must be lost before it becomes worth it to find and fix the source of this (clearly unintentional) bug?

If the first step of the solution is to merely locate the old profile folder and copy the contents into the folder matching the new name, why not respond with that?

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Sep 12, 2019 02:22 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

My experience after an upgrade to Android 10 is similar to cnits.
I connect via Bluetooth.

My experience is also that prior to the Android 10 upgrade, MyPhoneExplorer worked fine.

MyPhoneExplorer Client version 1.0.67
MyPhoneExplorer desktop is 1.8.12
Running Windows 10 1903
Running Android 10

I have also noticed since the upgrade to Android 10, MyPhoneExplorer has an incorrect value for the IMEI. The IMEI on my phone has not changed, but MPE now sees a new value that does not match the value on the phone.
markcowell23

BeitragVerfasst am: So Sep 15, 2019 12:43 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

cnits hat Folgendes geschrieben:
After upgrading to Andriod 10 on Pixel I can't connect to the phone over wifi. The error is: "It was not possible to connect to Pixel. Would you like to connect instead to Pixel [CBD.......1109]? Prior best washing machine in india to the Android 10 upgrade, MyPhoneExplorer worked fine. MyPhoneExplorer Client version 1.0.67 MyPhoneExplorer desktop is 1.8.12 Client reports wifi is active with IP and PIN password. All requested permissions are "on" for client. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Facing same issue
Geekeleh

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 18, 2019 19:11 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

My Google Pixel 2 XL is waiting for me to download and install Android 10. Based on the posts here and a past history of new Android versions sometimes having some problems with MPE, I decided to wait.

The posts here date back to Sept 8, and there has been no response from FJ yet. If there is something that needs fixing, please let us know you are working on it.

I am a long-time user and financial contributor to MPE. I think it is a wonderful app. I have become quite dependent on it for syncing to Outlook 2013. I also use it with aCalendar+ on the phone.

FJ, please respond to this thread.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 18, 2019 22:59 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

... The error is: "It was not possible to connect to Pixel. Would you like to connect instead to Pixel [CBD.......1109]? ...

Not sure that this is an MPE issue as I've had the same after installing custom ROMs on my phone (I prefer a rooted phone so I'm in control etc etc). Can't remember the last time it happened but if it does I just recreate a new profile. Not that difficult, at least for me, as I sync with Outlook. And as I always 'clean install' a new ROM then no information comes from the phone and I just have to set up new settings in the MPE phone client. Takes about 10 seconds. 'Download entire' from the phone (i.e. to clear MPE on the PC) then sync - and Robert's your father's brother .......

Geekeleh

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Sep 19, 2019 21:49 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

dvhttn hat Folgendes geschrieben:
... The error is: "It was not possible to connect to Pixel. Would you like to connect instead to Pixel [CBD.......1109]? ...

Can't remember the last time it happened but if it does I just recreate a new profile. Not that difficult, at least for me, as I sync with Outlook. And as I always 'clean install' a new ROM then no information comes from the phone and I just have to set up new settings in the MPE phone client. Takes about 10 seconds. 'Download entire' from the phone (i.e. to clear MPE on the PC) then sync

I don't install ROMs, but I do sync only from Outlook to MPE, never MPE to Outlook or both ways. So I think your solution could work for me. But, I don't have your expertise. I would appreciate it if you could be more specific about what you do. I am OK with setting up new settings on the phone. It's the steps you do to clear MPE on the PC.
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Sep 20, 2019 09:27 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Geekeleh hat Folgendes geschrieben:
... I don't install ROMs, but I do sync only from Outlook to MPE, never MPE to Outlook or both ways. So I think your solution could work for me. But, I don't have your expertise. I would appreciate it if you could be more specific about what you do. I am OK with setting up new settings on the phone. It's the steps you do to clear MPE on the PC.

OK. A couple of caveats first, but based on how I use MPE.
I use Outlook as my 'master database' for contacts and calendar but I do sync both ways as I can always add new items when out and about with my phone.

I also sync with my 'Google account' on the phone (just because it always exists to be honest) BUT I have accounts sync turned OFF in my phones settings.

When syncing for the first time (as in your case - first time with a new profile) I hit the 'big blue arrow' for contacts and calendar you find at the top of the MPE window. The 'download entire' button. This downloads the contacts/calendar database from your phone to MPE on your PC - in this case it deletes everything as there is nothing on your phone. (NB: you can delete the phones database of contacts/calendar by going into your phone's settings and deleting all data for 'contacts storage' and 'calendar storage' - the steps to do this vary depending on your android version and, probably, your phone manufacturer).

Now that's out of the way, and assuming your phone is set to direct new contacts/calendar to the correct account, then back to MPE on your PC where you have a new 'user' now setup.

File > Settings > Sync - brings up the options to choose which PC application to sync with.

Contacts Sync with > Outlook xxxx
Then - Advanced > etc etc (choose the Outlook contacts folder(s) to sync - I have several - choose which direction to sync - and the one I always check - Show confirmation window!!!)

Similarly with the Calendar Advanced options. Here I 'Sync all events' as phone storage and performance can easily handle it these days. Your mileage may vary though .... And don't forget 'Show confirmation window' ....

There are various other options within settings that can be altered but the defaults are mostly fine for me BUT REMEMBER I sync contacts and calendar seperately and never automatically.

Hope that helps.

Geekeleh

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Sep 20, 2019 20:56 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you Dave for your detailed reply. I will need to study it for a bit to be sure I understand it all. I also use the Outlook calendar as my master database. I maintain it as a kind of journal that goes back several years. I don't sync it all with MPE. I also use Google calendar because it's there, but I really rely on my aCalendar+ for the phone. I do sync contacts from my Google account manually.

Once I think I understand how you use the process of setting up a new profile, I will update my phone to Android 10 and give it a try. I will be sure to back up Outlook first, and I always set the phone to confirm before making any changes.

I dislike adding calendar events to the phone manually, so I never enter any away from my PC. Fortunately, I don't have too many of those, and I enter them on Outlook before I sync. That's why I can sync only from Outlook to MPE.
jimmyjam

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Okt 02, 2019 19:42 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Just to validate the above reports that there's a problem with Android 10. Google Pixel 1 user here. I sync over WiFi to fixed IP address phone on my LAN. First indication something was wrong was that the Windows App asked me to re-enter my WiFi PIN. Once I did this, it appeared to create a new sync profile. Looking at the data directory, the new profile does not have my phone's IMEI, so just as one of the other posters said, it's as if MPE cannot get the phone's IMEI since upgrading to Android 10.
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Okt 11, 2019 21:02 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

On Android 10 and later its no more possible to read the phones IMEI - or any other resistent ID of the phone. Because of this i am testing a workaround. MyPhoneExplorer Client will generate its own ID. Here you can test the current beta of the Client: https://www.fjsoft.at/mpeclient.apk

It is normal that MyPhoneExplorer will detect the phone as "New phone" because the ID has been changed. Just is it as new phone profile or rename the existing database folder of the old profile to the new ID in %appdata%\MyPhoneExplorer

Bitte benutzt auch die Forum-Suche bzw. die FAQ
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
RayParker

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 17, 2019 23:04 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

FJ hat Folgendes geschrieben:
... i am testing a workaround. MyPhoneExplorer Client will generate its own ID. Here you can test the current beta of the Client...

... rename the existing database folder of the old profile to the new ID in %appdata%\MyPhoneExplorer

Now, after nearly 2 months, and after I have long given up on getting a reply and moved on, we get not only a reply, but the change in the Client has been rolled out to the Google Play Store, so I now have to fix the same issue all over again.

By the way, for anyone who has chosen to setup a backup, you will find your profile data in that folder, not the one listed above.

Situations like these do happen, when your product is dependent upon a code base controlled by others (Android, in this case). Real people came here to identify the issue, then more real people reported more cases, yet nothing was done. This reveals that no testing is being performed on this product, as the first sync after the update would have failed. The delay in getting any response suggests that issues posted here are not given any priority.

Given what this product is designed to do, to me, this experience is borderline unprofessional. For the record, I am also a contributor, as I do feel products like this one deserve my financial support. However, since I sync in both directions, the need to have to hack a solution unexpectedly when I am really only in need of a completed sync is enough of a drawback that I am wondering if I contributed to the right product.

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Okt 18, 2019 08:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thanks for the clarification FJ and thank you for your work on MPE.

I didn't have time to try out that linked .apk (1.0.67 beta2), but now I see that 1.0.68 has hit the Play Store I will instead give that a test on my spare phone and give feedback.
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.