FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Critically needed feature - should be easy to develop Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
groston

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jan 28, 2019 06:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I have been using MyPhoneExplorer for a while, but it lacks one, small feature that makes using it very frustrating.

Specifically, on the Settings->Sync: Outlook 2010->Advanced screen, in the Time Period section, there should be a checkbox, that is enabled when either of the 'Sync Only' options are selected, that simply reads "Ignore events prior to beginning of sync period".

What would this do? Quite simply, it would allow one to quickly sync new events while keeping the old ones on the phone. Having the history on the phone is useful, but having to wait for MPE to search back years to find differences is a huge waste of time. However, when sync'ing with either of the 'Sync Only' options selected, each of the events that fall before the sync period have to be manually excluded from being deleted.

Basically, when checked, this option would have the program ignore all events prior to the beginning of the sync period. Yes, this might cause problems with recurring events, but I would suggest simply ignoring them.

If this feature were to be made available, I would certainly donate to the developers.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jan 28, 2019 11:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

This one of the key functions of the MPE that hasn´t been touched since the beginning. I highly doubt that FJ will make this change.
And you admit it yourself, I could lead to problems with recurring events and that´s practically a no-go argument for that kind of change.

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.