FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Duplicate entries issue on Android Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
Lee1

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 20, 2015 01:35 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

In general, MPE is fantastic, but a recurring issue is that when syncing to Outlook 2010, using an Android 4.2.2 system, MPE will often duplicate many of the existing entries either in Outlook or the phone, or even both. And sometimes it recognises a new or changed entry, sometimes it doesn't. What's also worrying is that now I find that the system deletes some entries both on the phone and Outlook. Generally I haven't gone through the list of actions simply because of time and volume, but now I have had to do this since this problem causes serious issues when it deletes items in both places. How to fix, please?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Koelner

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 20, 2015 07:28 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

In simple words, check your settings of what entries to be synced and do that not only in the MPE on your computer but in the client on your phone as well.
There´s a inconsistency in that setting that causes your problem which will get worse with every sync you do.

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 20, 2015 07:55 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I looked at the settings on both the computer and the phone, and I turned off the Google sync to simplify things, and MPE copied ALL of my contacts back on the phone, duplicating every one. The settings setup are different on the computer from the phone, so it's a bit confusing to make them identical. Why is MPE duplicating exactly contacts that are already on the phone and on the computer?

And other than manually deleting every duplicated entry, how can I get rid of ALL the duplicates?
dvhttn

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 20, 2015 08:48 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Lee1 hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I looked at the settings on both the computer and the phone, and I turned off the Google sync to simplify things, and MPE copied ALL of my contacts back on the phone, duplicating every one. The settings setup are different on the computer from the phone, so it's a bit confusing to make them identical. Why is MPE duplicating exactly contacts that are already on the phone and on the computer?

And other than manually deleting every duplicated entry, how can I get rid of ALL the duplicates?

If you are sync'ing between phone and PC then you should turn OFF google sync. Assuming youy are sync'ing the same contacts between phone, Outlook and Google.

Lee1

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Aug 21, 2015 08:38 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello,
I think the problem seems to be fixed now. It still does some strange things, like put a Mr in front of names. I've removed duplicates from my phone, and from Outlook, so I'll continue using the product to see how things go. Many thanks for the great customer service...really appreciate your quick replies and help.
embee8

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Aug 26, 2015 03:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I also have been using MyPhoneExplorer for a few years and with different Android phones. The problem of duplicate entries has been occurring for at least a year. I now have over 11,000 contact entries!!! I have ticked the contact accounts to sync as 1.Phone; 2. ActiveSync.
I don't have Google ticked.
What else can I do?
embee8

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Aug 26, 2015 07:57 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Further, I unticked "Micrsoft Exchange ActiveSync" in case this was leading to the problem only to now have all the 11,000 contact entries in Outlook being copied to the phone!!!
Please help.
Lee1

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 27, 2015 00:39 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello,
I am still having major problems with this application, especially with inconsistencies. This morning the phone started duplicating entries again without the normal screen that comes up to confirm the entries. Turns out the sync setting changed without my changing it, and when I checked to confirm the entries before making changes, your app unchecked that function, so it started automatically making changes. It now keeps unchecking the "show confirmation" box every time I click OK. And even with the review function turned on, it still is not recognising thousands of contacts already on the phone, so is asking to duplicate them again. This is getting very frustrating, and requires some kind of fix before I can start using this app again. Please advise on how to fix this problem.
Thank you

By the way, the calendar sync works fine, just the contacts are a problem.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Lee1 am Do Aug 27, 2015 01:43, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Lee1

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Aug 27, 2015 01:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hello,
I reinstalled your app on my computer, just in case there was a problem, and the same issues I just posted happened again. The "show confirmation" box gets unticked by your app and starts duplicating Outlook contacts on my phone even though they are all there. I've discontinued using the app until a fix can be created, so please help me to find a resolution to this problem. When your app worked, it was FANTASTIC, so I'd really like to fix this.
Thank you.
pfinnegan

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 01, 2015 03:31 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

If you start a sync from the PC to the Android phone, the Google contacts client will try and sync the new entries with the Google back end server in real time which means there are two syncs taking place at the same time. This will trigger duplicate entries.

You can only do one sync at a time so you either sync with MPE desktop or the Google server. I use MPE so I have Google contacts sync switched off on the phone.
Lee1

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 01, 2015 04:30 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,
Google sync is off on my phone, and is only activated on a different computer with a different Outlook set of contacts. (I watched the Google account this time when using MPE to sync contacts, and Google sync was off, but all the contacts started uploading to my phone again.) I only synced to this computer once to match up all the contacts, then removed duplicates. But MPE now duplicates the existing (or perhaps removed) contacts again. It seems like a repeat process that I can't stop or resolve.

Is there another way to start this process again so I have a clean install of all the contacts from my computer on to my phone.
embee8

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 01, 2015 06:19 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

My problem is pretty much the same as Lee1's
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Sep 01, 2015 13:05 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hallo, please activate only one Outlook-Foulder and only one Adressaccount to Sync

Best regards icke

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Lee1

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 02, 2015 00:15 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Thank you for your post. I only use one Outlook account, and that is the one that keeps duplicating contacts. But it does not duplicate calendar entries, so there seems to be some problem with the way it synchonises contacts. Welcome any suggestions on how to fix this.
icke1954

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Sep 02, 2015 07:33 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,
a synch has two sides. Which account is activated (MPE-Sync) on in the phone ? Only the googleaccount?

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android 10.0
Samsung Galaxy S20 / Android 13.0
MPE Version 2.1 akt. Nightly / akt. MPE-Client Beta
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.