FJ Software Foren-Übersicht  
 Homepage   •  Suchen   •  FAQ   •  Mitgliederliste   •  Registrieren   •  Login
 Update of recurrent appointments Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
eplgh

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 15, 2007 15:26 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

I use MPE to sync between Outlook and my K800i, and in general it works well. However, there is an issue with recurrent meetings.

Normally (in my case) a recurrent meeting is booked, say, to take place every monday. This booking does not contain any specific meeting info, since it is just a placeholder.

In due time before each meeting, the meeting organizer updates the next meeting with agenda and other things relevant to only that meeting. Occasionally one of the meeting might also be cancelled.

However, in MPE as well as in my phone, only the info from the original recurrent meeting booking is shown, and any updates for a specific meeting is lost. Also, if a specific meeting is cancelled, the meeting is still there in MPE and in the phone, even if it does not show up in Outlook.

This is not a critical problem, but still rather annoying, since most of my meetings are booked as long meeting series...
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
FJ
Site Admin

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 15, 2007 15:36 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Recurring events are always saved in the phones of SE as a single entry. That means that it is technically NOT possible to add some specified values on a single item of the ruled event.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenE-Mail sendenICQ-Nummer
eplgh

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 15, 2007 15:45 Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

OK, I understand. I assume that you can (in some way) see that a specific entry has been modified (if the interface to Outlook allows this)?

Would it then be possible to put the updated entry in parallel to the recurrent entry? Or, in case a specific entry has been cancelled, then a parallel entry with the same subject but body text "Cancelled" could be placed in parallel with the recurrent meeting?

This would be a bit crude, but still very helpful.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu:   

Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.